Replies by Lovenlife7

Replies 11 - 20

4th one up from the bottom. I would say that one would indicate a surge coming. I am 6 months postpardum and have had 4 cycles already. I’ve noticed my cycles are different than a year ago. Now I will have a small almost surge about day 14 where I would have had my ovulation before. But my real surge now comes at day 20. That maybe because I am still breastfeeding. Keep testing until you have your period. Also keep your eye on your cervical mucus. As soon as I ovulate my egg white turns creamy, almost right away.

2 years ago
Reply to No peak?

Public

It takes at least a week for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the womb and another bit to find a place to implant. During the trip the egg has to divide and develop quite a bit. So if you had implantation bleeding it would take over a week to show up. I have 5 kids and never had implantation bleeding. However, sometimes sex can irritate your cervix a little and you might have some drops. Red blood is fresh, brown is old.
Hope this helps!

2 years ago
Reply to Possible Implantation Bleeding on Ovulation Day

Public

Advertisement

I have advice!!! And it worked for us!

Don’t use lube. Even the fertility friendly ones can kill sperm. My husband had a vasectomy reversal and his sperm count was looooow. A normal fertile man’s count is 150,000,000, my husband’s was 150,000. So I really didn’t want to risk it.
Instead I did some digging and there is a way to increase your own cervical mucus during your fertile period. I bought a box of Mucinex 1200 12 hour pills. Only get the basic mucinex that has guaifenesin. Take one each day of your fertile period with lots of water. If you don’t drink enough water it will dry you out. This is a safe way to increase your cervical mucus even if breastfeeding.
I had so much mucus I didn’t even need lube. Increasing your mucus creates a kind of current that carries away the sperm to the egg. I now have a 5 month old son!

2 years ago
Reply to Conceive Plus and Pre-Seed?

Public

Sperm lives up to 5 days. So it is better to have lots of sex leading up to ovulation because then there is already lots of sperm waiting. However, it is hard to pinpoint exactly when a woman ovulates. OPKs clue you in on when you are getting an LH surge, but it can still be 12-48 hours after you see your positive that the egg is released. My husband and I call it our Week-O-Love because we set aside an entire week to be extra romantic and try for a baby. We give each other massages, spend extra time kissing throughout the day to make it more than just baby making. That way we cover all of the fertile days. When I finally get that positive opk, we already have 4 days worth of sperm ready to greet the egg, but also another day or two after just in case.
There is a method called The Sperm Meets Egg Method. Look it up, very informative.

2 years ago
Reply to Positive opk

Public

I have wanted to be pregnant so badly that my period came late and I had pregnancy symptoms. But all tests were negative. That cycle taught me that I had to chill out and relax. My husband was very sweet and would sing “All we need is just a little patience, yeah yeah, just a little patience”. I stopped crazy testing, read books and focused on our kids. My period came on time and I stopped talking myself into symptoms. I actually remembered that I don’t have any symptoms until 8 weeks pregnant. I now have a 5 month old!

2 years ago
Reply to 2 days late BFN but having pregnancy symptoms, anyone else same boat?

Public

I took a Frer yesterday morning with a pregmate and both were negative.
AF came this morning.
This was an interesting study in hcg test science for me! Anyone else get different results???
13dpo

2 years ago
Reply to Using whole blood instead of urine?

Public

These are from today. Blood test about 2 hours ago.

user submitted image

2 years ago

Public

I used 2 pregmate tests this morning. 1 with urine and one with diluted blood. Both came up negative. Blood did not pool in the test line, no evap on either. 11 dpo

2 years ago

Public

I just had some like this also! I am 9 dpo. I was doing my daily check cervical check and was surprised to find a big gloopy, stringy cm mass on my finger. I have been trying to find info online, but “big, gloopy, stringy cm” doesn’t really turn up any results ????. I hope it’s a good sign!

2 years ago
Reply to CM QUESTION

Public

You will want to use Motrin (or any NSAID) to help keep down swelling. Even after he is feeling better and you are able to start trying, swelling of the vas deference is a problem because they will want to heal scared and swelling will close them back up. So icing with a NSAID for a few months is very wise. If you do have trouble with counts after the first sperm count, don’t be shy about asking for a steroid. Catching these things early is what is necessary for success.
The first time having sex go slow and gently. He may feel pain after, ice ice ice. When you are outside of your fertile window, still stay active regularly throughout the month because that will help him to heal open. (He may need to sometimes take care of it himself )
I’ll send some more tips your way in a bit. If you have Facebook there is a vasectomy reversal group that has reversal docs and couples who are in all stages of the process. Look them up! Wealth of info.

2 years ago
Reply to TTC after vasectomy reversal

Public