Community post

Discussion

TTC and Crossfit

Good luck to all TTC! I'm 32 and trying to conceive my first child with my DB who is also 32. It's our first month of trying and I believe I'm 9 DPO. My average period is 28 days so I'm just using the calander method to figure out when I ovulate.

The only symptom I've had is sore BBS but I think it might have been muscle soreness from working out because they only lasted a coulple days.

I do crossfit workouts and I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there who is also TTC and doing crossfit workouts. I'm wondering if they are maybe too intense for women who are TTC? I've been trying to take it a little easier when I'm working out but the workouts are still pretty intense. Any information would be much appreciated:)

6 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I am an active crossfitter & this month will be our first month of trying to conceive. I had to have surgery on an umbilical hernia so I have been taking it easy anyway, but maybe the first 2 weeks after the TTC process I would say take it easy to let them eggs settle haha. My period is due on the 9th, so we have a little time, but I would imagine from then through the first 3 months of pregnancy we would need to not crossfit so hard cause we know the classes can be pretty intense.

12 years ago

My period is due on the 9th too! Thanks for the reply. I think you're right about taking it easy.

12 years ago • Post starter

So does that make us cycle buddies? YAY

12 years ago

Yes I think that does! So I'm guessing that you're trying for #3. How old are your children? Were you trying in March or are you staring after this coming period? I look a test this moring and got a but I'm not upset about it. I know it's very early and that I might still be pregnant. I'm going to try to wait until Monday to take another one. It's hard to wait that's for sure!

Haha I'm impatient. If it was me I'd be taking a test every morning LOL. And yes this will be my 3rd, my husbands 1st. We had it set in our minds to start trying in April, well I made that decision. I didn't want to have a December baby cause they have to wait an extra year to start school, so I said wait till April so then we have a January or later baby. I have 2 girls, 9 1/2 and 15. Already planning her sweet 16 for June 8, 2013, oh what fun LOL

12 years ago

Well I probably would test every morning too if my cheap tests had arrived in the mail (the ones for $0.85 each), now I won't get them until Tuseday at the earliest. I'm pretty sure I can't get one cheaper than $15 bucks in a drug store. So it would get quite expensive to test everyday.

In Alberta, where I live, your child can start kindergarten at age 4 as long as they turn 5 before the end of February.

Wow already planned for June party. My neice who is 17 now didn't even have a 16th b-day party which I think is very weird!

How long did it take you to conceive your girls?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo