Community post

Discussion

Why does this happen?

So everyone that I went to school with is all grown up now, we are 22-24 years of age. And pretty much every single female friend I have, is pregnant or has children. Are they married? No. Some of them aren't even able to pay their bills without help from family.

Me? I'm the only one who took a different route, and got a house, and got married. We are struggling financially because of some down luck and bad choices. But we always manage to get by somehow, the bills manage to get paid. We are just like on 'ramen noodle' status. But I'd feel guilty (we don't qualify for any kind of aid whatsoever) if I were to have a child right now because I couldn't afford their medical insurance and wouldn't be able to give them what they deserve.

I've sat back and watched my friends have their babies. All the while, waiting patiently for that moment when I have the car payment paid off. But it hurts, knowing that we probably have the best situation. Our child would actually have a mom, a dad, a roof over their heads paid for by them.

Yet this doesn't happen for us.

I don't think our situation is ideal.

But everytime I hear another friend announce their proud news, I can't help but feel jealous, and wonder why?

I don't want to be another couple trying for 5 years, and doing IVF and killing themselves over it.

I know that I'm young but I feel like it's my future when babies are happening from just that 'one night'. And yet I manage to fly by being careless with my husband, and then boyfriend for years.

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I feel the exact same way. All the girls I went to school with (we are 25-27yrs old) all have multiple children. Some girls even post things on Facebook like "I hate my life, I love my boys but I hate my life and wish I could give them back for a day".... Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?! And then another girl tells me shes pregnant again, she has an 8 yr old, a 11 month old and one on the way, yet her boyfriend beats her in front of her kids and he recently signed his right off to his 2 sons he had with 2 other women. Another girl has an amazing daughter who is blind and autistic and another daughter who is about a yr old... where is that mother... in jail AGAIN and she lost her kids and had to give them up for adoption.

I could go on and on.... Point of the matter is, I feel the same way as you. I am in a loving marriage and we have plenty of money to pay our bills and care for a child yet I have been ttc for 9 months now and had 1 m/c. And then to top it off these girls I mentioned above will send me FB comments like "it will happen honey when its meant to happen" I just want to tell them all to shove it!!!! UGH!! Its so frustrating everyday.... Maybe we are being taught patience I guess, I dont know. But I do know that you sound just like me so when you are feeling down just know you are not the only one feeling like this.

I wish you alot of luck and Im sending you lots of baby dust!!!! I hope you get your well deserved BFP really soon <3

BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE MY RAINBOW BABY FOR 6 MONTHS SO HARD FOR A

12 years ago

Industrial & Christie hi girls I am 25 and will be 26 this summer and I too desire to have a baby so badly and so I can understand how it seems everyone you went to high school with already has a kid(s) and everyone seems to be pregnant and while some are alot younger and some people maybe weren't even trying for a baby...have a baby. I know while things may seem unfair at times... don't let those people drag you down, I have been trying for 8 cycles now for my first and while some days are hard I still have Hope because I believe that God will bless me with a child and when He does it will be the right time for me.

12 years ago

You're young, you have time to build more wealth, and find better jobs. I understand feeling annoyed with your peers all having kids especially in irresponsible situations.

I'm 28, and I am just TTC now. I wish I had started earlier, and that I had never taken hormonal birth control. It really messed with my cycles.

So, you really don't need to be worrying about kids until you're 25-27. 27 is when your fertility starts to decline. But even women in their mid to late 30s have kids all the time - there's no reason to fret atm.

I hope you're able to start having kids when you want to.

12 years ago

Hi there - I know exactly what you mean. I am 22, so my friends range in the same age as yours you are mentioning. They all have multiple babies by multiple men, struggling, etc. I am however 22, been married 3 years 3 months, been together since we were 13, have a nice house, 2 dogs, take care of stuff, etc., and have just decided to go off the pill. We both have very good, high paying jobs. I don't have maternity coverage insurance, though, so I too, have been sitting back waiting for this to happen. I decided I was ready, and looked at all of these people ("friends") and decided "look at how much more opportunity for growth and resources that I have and could give - I know I can make it, even with thousands of dollars of maternity care bills (over time.) My family pressured me into waiting until we had this coverage, but it wasn't their decision, it was ours! If you are ready, you are ready. Only we know when we are truly ready to take on a brave new adventure in life.

I am thrilled that you reached out about this - I have had this same thing running through my mind! I had a good friend get married, ended up pregnant 2 months after getting married, and wasn't excited until about 7 mos of pregnancy. She wasn't ready and it was a big "oops."

My husbands little brother (17) got a girl pregnant and they live with my in laws, don't have high school education (never finished), sit at home ALL day long, laze around, don't have jobs, hardly take care of their daughter, and it's just a really awful situation, yet at the end of the day, my in laws/brother in law are so in love with her. I want this so badly - I have my masters, my husband has 3 degrees, we have excellent jobs in excellent companies, and we make a great amount. I don't care if others say I need to wait until I have insurance - who cares?!

I too feel the jealousy sting. I have a friend who came to visit for her son's first birthday. SO happy for them, in all honesty! But she got pregnant RIGHT after going off the pill (before her next cycle) and she works 2 jobs opposite of her husband's schedule, makes minimum wage, he is still in school, they have credit companies calling everyday, they can hardly afford to get by, pays a pretty penny for daycare, etc. I feel once you know you're ready for a little one, you start to notice all the preggos and little ones running around a lot more, and can't help but feel it sting.

Good luck to you and whatever you decide. Thank you for sharing this more emotional side - I haven't seen this as much as other types of posts.

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo