Community post

Discussion

brown bleeding and really nervous about 1st scan

So I am 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant today. 3 days ago I woke up from a nap and when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was brown and really dark red blood. I was soo scared and called my doctor. The nurse said that it was normal to experience this and that brown blood meant old blood. They moved up my first ultrasound to tomorrow just to make sure everything was alright.
I am so scared that they are going to start scanning and find something wrong with my baby. I have not had any bleeding since that one occassion and there wasn't any cramping with it outside of the mild stuff I was feeling before. Has anyone else experienced this?

~Liz~ DH 24 ME 23 User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Yes I have. I am 11 weeks now but I had the brown spotting that turned into kind of a brown discharge at about 7 and weeks as well. I went in both times and everything was ok. Once it also happened after a large and difficult BM.. been constipated a lot and I wiped and the blood was red at first like an orange red then second wipe it was brown and stayed brown for a few days. Spotting is pretty common in early pregnancy. I still spot after intercourse as well. As long as its not bright red and heavy like a AF and or cramping badly with it try not to worry too much but always let the doctor know when you have the spotting and or cramping. I just like you was so scared about that scan. Every time I kept asking them "is there a heartbeat still..?" they had to reassure me like 5 times there was. Its hard not to worry. Good luck tomorrow. :)

User Image

12 years ago

We had the ultrasound today and everything looks good! Saw a strong heartbeat! The tech said that baby is measuring just a tad smaller than what my due date would suggest, but at this point that can be very normal since dates could be a few days off.

She also said that she noticed more old blood in there and that I might experience more light brown bleeding in the coming weeks. Nothing that I should worry about though.

~Liz~ DH 24 ME 23 User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo