Community post

Discussion

Stabbing Uterine Pain 12 DPO?

Last night, I was having ridiculous stabbing cramps at the top of my uterus (thanks, body, didn't know where that was before.) I've NEVER had cramps like that before. Off birth control, I typically only cramp on the first day of my cycle (my PMS symptoms are cravings for sweets, 3 days of spotting, wanting to watch something sad, and not being ridiculously cheery.) Given that it's 13DPO, and I'm testing negative, anyone know what this might be? I wouldn't think it's implantation at 12 DPO.

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Implantation usually occurs 6 to 10 days after ovulation, although it can happen a few days earlier or later. The average menstrual cycle is 28 days, ovulation occurs on the 14th day. This all depends on if you have the "average" Menstrual cycle. What is a typical cycle for you?

12 years ago

25 days, 14 day luteal phase. AF due on Saturday. It doesn't make sense for implantation, especially since I've had magic-inflating boobs for the last week (ugh), meaning that even IF implantation happened, it was probably earlier. Just hoping there's a non-terrifying, non chemical pregnancy, explanation.

12 years ago • Post starter

You can continue to get implantation pains after the initial implantation where it gets in deeper. You may not have noticed it the 1st time as it may have happened in your sleep. It could also be that if you are pregnant that you uterus is preparing to grow. I had the same pain yesterday at 12dpoand it lasted for half an hour. Good luck and hope AF stays away for you

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo