Community post

Discussion

Faint BFP then BFN the next day?!

Hi ladies ð??? Was wondering if anyone has been through this at all and what was the outcome or just some advice would be great as driving myself crazy! I took a first response test with fmu and could swear I could see a faint line. Took the same brand test again the next day with fmu and nothing! My last AF was 19th dec, positive ov test on 31th so properly ovulated on 1 st jan so would be 9dpo today. Xx

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I ahve always heard that you can have false negatives but not false positives......and being 9dpo is still very early.....I wish you'd upload both tests so others can kinda compare to kinda give you an answer. I tested 4 days after af was due and my lines were aort of light but everyday it started getting darker. Some womwn implant later than others. Are you having any symptoms? When is af due?

9 years ago

If the test you've posted from two days ago is the one you're talking about having the faint line, that test is negative. When you get a positive, you won't have to invert or use any special tricks to see it (it may be tricky to photograph at first, but in person it will be clearly a light line). You can tell that the test you posted is negative because on the inverted photo the dye on the "test" side is only around the very edges of where the line would be if positive. That is where the dye will pool in the tiny indentations on either side of the test strip - if you invert a positive test the dye will be even across the test strip. (Said from a loooot of experience with negative tests!).

If you're 10 dpo now that's still early, implantation won't have even happened yet for a lot of women. Hope your bfp is right around the corner!

9 years ago

Thank you both for your replies. Yarn lady thank you for the info I was driving myself crazy with line eyes! Tbh I'd be happier if it is a negative as was worried about chemical pregnancy. I think next month I'm just going to wait till I miss AF as not worth the worry or the money lol xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo