Community post

Discussion

4 DPO and i am trying not to think about it

We have been actively trying for nearly 6 months, I have a little girl who was the best surprise i have had, so i have never actually gone through the process of trying to fall pregnant.
It is so exhausting, after months of BFNs we decided to not think about it so this month there has been no tracking, no constantly checking or updating pregnancy apps.
But how do you ladies keep your mind busy? I find that i cant seem to relax. I see pregnancy announcements and it makes me cry.

Any advice would be so great :)

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I perfectly understand you!I had my son (also a surprise)and now trying for a second for a year a a half approximately.I pray for this,and just found a good book and also we are remodeling our house...Sometimes I bake so I guess you just have to find something to focus on.I am sure your daughter can also keep you busy.Try not to stress out!Enjoy what you already have.Bless you!

7 years ago

Hey there! My husband and I have been trying for 5 months and i think with tracking every little sign it makes it frustrating and maybe a little mental lol jk. I am currently 4dpo as well, like you ive also stopped tracking to eliminate the stress of it. I keep my mind busy learning new things, reorganizing a room and so on. Although i will admit my mind wonders constantly back to that subject, i just have to remind myself to let it go and see what happens.. good luck to you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers TTC Baby #1 Diagnosed PCOS 07/2017 -- DH No Issues 1st Round Femara 5mg in August 2017 -- BFN 2nd round Femara 5mg in Sept. 2017 + Scheduled HSG 09/13/17 BFN HSG Test - Completely Normal -- no issues 3rd Round Clomid 50MG November 2017 -- Due August 16th , HR 160

7 years ago

Thanks girls!
it just shows we want it so much doesn't it?
I am sure we will have our BFPs sooner rather than later, I find it so hard.
I do work so that tends to keep me busy enough, but as you say your mind still wanders when you see that newborn or pregnant person.

Good luck girls :)

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm 4 DPO today as well ((=, this is my first month actively trying and Fourth year of NTNP. I used the Clear Blue Advanced Digital OPK this cycle and I think it's a helpful little gadget, if we didn't catch that egg this cycle than I'm thinking about stepping my game up with adding preseed, I started taking prenatal vitamins last cycle and had a very light AF so crossing my fingers. I haven't been on birth control for over 5 years and my husband recently had a surgery (01/13/17) to correct his own infertility issue so I am super stoked this month because we were given the go to start in February but I didn't track or anything. I totally understand how you feel OP my sister and sister in law had beautiful babies last year and I cried so much that I couldn't even hold it together for the baby shower or births ???? (We travel often for work so I was out of town on business anyway), I feel so guilty feeling jealous but my sister was in no way to have a baby and my sister in law got pregnant right after having my nephew and had an abortion, I was devastated for a long time over everything until I just handed it to God ????. I have a really really hard time not going shopping in the baby isles when I go lol, so I completely understand. Today my biggest struggle is not taking tests, when do you plan on testing? My symptoms so far today are, mild pelvic and abdominal cramps, really thirsty, pressure headache, slightly tender BBs, and I'm exhausted ????, trying not to symptom spot so bad but I can't even help myself. I hope everyone gets their BFP this cycle ???????????????????????????, Baby Dust ladies ((=.

7 years ago

Hey there! it's been a minute and wanted to see how the waiting was going? I'm not doing so good on the waiting part.. I'm 6 tests in and don't have a definitive answer if we had been successful or not. How are things going for everyone?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers TTC Baby #1 Diagnosed PCOS 07/2017 -- DH No Issues 1st Round Femara 5mg in August 2017 -- BFN 2nd round Femara 5mg in Sept. 2017 + Scheduled HSG 09/13/17 BFN HSG Test - Completely Normal -- no issues 3rd Round Clomid 50MG November 2017 -- Due August 16th , HR 160

7 years ago

Hey!
well i am now 2 days late, and i am still get BFNs :( Kinda makes me thing AF is due late, which isnt like her at all.

How are you getting on?x

7 years ago • Post starter

I would think you are still in it as long as she doesn't show. Especially if its uncommon for you. Good Signs I hope for you. Ugh, for myself, I am going nuts.. little back story on myself.

I was diagnosed with PCOS, DH has no known issues with Fertility. We have been trying since October 2016 after coming off of the pill to get my cycles regular. I have been having them every month since, except I did miss January altogether.

I finally got fed up that my temps have been sporadic, EWCM patches throughout cycle, and can't get a positive OPK. I ended up going to my OBGYN and she was going to run a CD 21 progesterone test. It came back as 1.17 - very low.

On that day I started having terrible cramps for 3 days, I thought for sure that I might be ovulating on my own just a little later than what my OB had expected. I decided to take a hpt on CD 28, which was my expected period that didn't show, but also 10DPO from what I calculated.

When I took it, I had two lines, but the test line was super super faint, I thought it was an evap and threw it in the trash. Woke up the next morning and took another, same brand, same outcome. Still super faint but it was a little bit darker than the day before.

I took 7 tests and they all ended up this way. They are now getting lighter instead of darker but the line is still there. I am now 15 dpo, still no AF, i would think if we were successful, it would get darker right? to the point it wasnt even a questionable evap?

The only thing is I go back on Tuesday 28th, to my OB and she is going to start me on ovulation inducing medication. Should I even mention the faint tests to her? I mean it was pulling teeth to get her to help us with this appointment. It would be depressing for her to change her mind and have us wait another year before we can get help. ugh.. so stressful..

Sorry I rambled on a bit lol. Keep me updated on how things are going with you, hope you get a BFP this month!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo