Community post

Discussion

Concerned about the future

I had my doctor appointment yesterday. The urine test came back negative. Did not do any other test except PAP test. Good news is everything physically looks healthy. Doctor looked at the results of my recent thyroid test and said I am borderline. I asked what that meant and he explained that when dealing with the thyroid numbers that are 2.5 and above it generally means you have hypothyroidism and with low thyroid that can cause problems with fertility. He also stated that the higher the number there are higher risks of being infertile completely. He then stated I am at 2.45 and he wants me to get tested again in 2 years to see where its at then. He also said that from the looks of everything down there it seems as though I may not have ovulated this month and that could be causing the missed period. So I felt initially better that nothing serious is wrong right now or at least that's what we know right now. It could change with PAP results but im not too worried about that. So after I came home yesterday I sat down with my husband to talk about everything. I then decided to do some research about how common hypothyroidism is and what our options will be if we decide to wait a few more years to have kids and it gets worse. Hypothyroidism can have different outcomes from miscarriage to stillbirth with complications during pregnancy being in the middle. It could also cause (depending on severity) ovulation to stop which would decrease chances of successful pregnancy. So I tried talking to my husband about it all and whether or not we should start actively trying now or if we should wait 2 years BC of everything I read and my numbers and the possibility of it getting worse as I get older. Well we didnt get far BC my husband doesn't have any blood children of his own so he doesn't know the connection or feeling of holding and seeing your little one for the first time. He was very insensitive to the whole thing BC he doesn't understand. I wanted children with my husband but as of right now he has me so upset I don't think I want to anymore. He said it doesn't bother him that we may not be able to have kids eventually and that I am just seeking attention and to get over it. Well of course I was in tears BC as far as I knew up until now I thought we were on the same page but now I don't know. I don't want to put my body through all kinds of crap if I need to to have another child and I don't want to emotionally deal with misscariages or stillbirths or complications with someone who feels that I am just seeking attention BC if you can't emotionally support me now with finding out there MAY be a problem then what is going to happen when there IS a problem? I don't want to go through another pregnancy/labor by myself again. My first pregnancy was horrible due to finding out at 5 months along that my childs father was smoking crack. My hopes of a family were crushed and my mother was the one to help me through the whole thing. I was devastated and felt very alone. My husband knows this so I don't know why he would say such harsh things to me. I don't know where to go from here or where this leaves me and him. Im afraid to even talk to him about it again and as of right now im upset to the point where I don't even want him touching me. I am again feeling crushed... Sorry for the rant on here but I just needed to get this off my chest and see if any of you ladies have hypothyroidism and if you know more about it or if the numbers can fluctuate? How will this affect me in 5 years?

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,
I got tested a few years ago and my first test was 10, the second was lower but considered borderline. In the UK our numbers are much higher, here 2.5 is considered low. I never got treatment and I'm now six months pregnant, it took me longer but I'm also in my 40's so try not worry too much.
Ttc can stress out the strongest of marriages and often things are said that can hurt deap. Most men can't deal with the stress involved and just want to concentrate on the fun side of ttc. I'm sure he didn't mean what he said just like you won't mean what you say to him while going through morning sickness or Labour With my first pregnancy I twisted my dh ballsack when he suggested my pain was no big deal as it wouldn't last forever Sometimes they say the worst thing at the worst time.
Hope you both make up soon

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo