Community post

Discussion

I miscarried few months back, 6 weeks preg now but++

As soon as maybe 7 days after conception back in the summer time, I began to have horrible debilitating lower back pain and severe lower abdominal cramps. I literally felt terrible EVERYDAY for the entire 9 weeks I was pregnant. I spotted, nauseous, extreme exhaustion, and the back pain was so bad I would cry. Eventually I ended up miscarrying and had many more complications after that in the months to follow.

I am not 6 weeks pregnant and I feel fine, I feel boob tenderness and food craving and the exhaustion but its not unbearable, a simple cat nap makes it ok. I am suspicious I feel TOO good. Im kinda freaking out because Im feeling the little lower back pain coming on. Im praying and hoping its just because Im growing a baby : ( and not something else wrong. I have my appointment on Friday, Im sure theyll try to discourage me from asking for an US as they always do. I will DEMAND an ultrasound. Im so happy to be pregnant and I cant take another heartbreak. Our miscarriage took a toll on our marriage at first but then it brought us closer. I really want another baby, my son is already 5 and was very sad when he found out there was no baby coming : ( there was no way around not telling him as he constantly saw mommy sick and sad.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

For what it's worth, this is probably a good sign!

My first pregnancy was lost at 5 weeks and nearly from conception I had horrible back pain, felt like I'd done 1,000 crunches, had period like cramps on and off etc. I was still surprised when I lost it, though. I assumed havoc of the body was normal. And it -can- be.

With my current pregnancy I felt mild bloating, some breast tenderness and was very sensitive to odors...but that was it for the first 9 weeks. I also worried I felt too good!

The nausea came in the 9th week, but it was off and on and other symptoms went away. The increased smell was gone, my breasts didn't hurt much, my belly was flat as a pancake and no longer bloated. I worried SO much.

...and here I am at 21 weeks with a healthy boy kicking away!

Anyway. I hope that re-assures you somewhat. It's true what they say, we're all different, but for me less symptoms signaled a healthier pregnancy.

Best of luck to you xo

9 years ago

Awwww thank you so much and Im thrilled to hear youre lil guy is ok. Im very superstitious and I had a really weird dream that I discussed with my mother. Let me know if you want me to tell you about it, its kinda creepy.

I hope it just means it will be a non fussy baby, as my husband says he and his sister were to his mother during pregnancy. He says she was completely symptom free until labor and had contractions for MINUTES then delivered two big normal healthy twins LOL

The back pain im beginning to feel is different than last times. Last time it kinda felt like sciatic pain times infinity. Right now, it just feels like my back lower bones are expanding.

I am getting nausea like every other day, not daily.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo