Community post

Discussion

I hope this doesn't affend the actively TTC'ers

Hi all! I'm almost 32 years old. My husband and I have 3 boys ages 12, 9 and 4. I'm content with my 3 boys and just never saw us having more. My husband is an Only child so he always jokes about having more kids and I'm like uh no! lol! I can't use the pill or the shot for birth control b/c I always have problem with heavy periods. We use condom faithfully! Since I had my oldest at 19 I never got to go to college. I recently enrolled and am now in my very first semester. I work full-time as well. We just recently had to evacuate for Hurricane Matthew and we weren't in our normal settings and Didn't use a condom a day or two before ovulation. At first I was devastated thinking oh no more daycare, I just started school. Dollars sign were in my head all weekend. I've since calmed down and now I'm 10 dpo and took a test this morning but it was negative. Great right?! Why do I feel a bit sad. I know a baby right now is all wrong for our family but somehow I feel.....Idk I'm crazy! I just needed to vent!

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I am certainly not offended! And I have no trouble understanding the two-sided feelings about this. Seems like a classic fight between feelings and reason. Life happens while you try to plan it, is a saying I've heard.
For now - all you can do is wait, it's too early to be certain. And when you get your answer you can take the next step. Hang in there! :)

7 years ago

I can't imagine who would be offended by this. You just started school, you already have a full house, logic says this isn't the best time. But logic and emotion don't always see eye-to-eye. I think the memory of your other kids as babies got kicked up, and you started to get excited about holding a new, sweet, little newborn (who doesn't love the little tiny feet and newborn smell?). It's totally okay to feel conflicting emotions right now!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo