Community post

Discussion

Anyone using or have used progesterone suppositories?

Hi all! I am beyond excited! I got a LONG awaited BFP a week from yesterday. I am still very very early but it's still so exciting!!! When I went for my conformation HCG test, they tested my progesterone as well. While the blood did show i was pregnant, i only had a progesterone level of 3.6. The dr immediately put me on progesterone suppositories. My levels went from 3.6 to 47 in 3 days!!! However, this is my problem. I started with light pink spotting about 2 days after starting the suppositories and now it is thin red spotting. I called my Dr. twice to let them know about this and they said that it was due to the suppositories and nothing to worry about. Yesterday and this morning there was some grittiness to the spotting. Naturally i am concerned. I don't go for my initial ultrasound until a week from thursday.

Have any of you had this problem or is having it now? What was the outcome?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Since ur progesterone was so low, u could have had blood in ur uterus. Now that ur using the suppositories, it could be ur body getting rid of the blood. Its either gonna get absorbed or come out.

9 years ago

How did things turn out? I've been on the supplements since November 2013. When I had my 4th chemical my progesterone was only at 0.6. I was put on them and had another chemical. I am now 6+4 and I am currently taking them again. Are you using them as suppositories or taking them orally? I have not had any bleeding issues while on them, just 2 days after I stop them then the bleeding starts. Have you talked to your OB or nurse? Hope things are all well with you and baby

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo