Community post

Discussion

Unusually LATE AF with BFN - what about you?

We have been TTC for four years. I haven't gone thru any fertility tx due to lack of insurance coverage and its just too dang expensive to pay completely out of pocket.
Anyway. My normal cycle is 28-30 days. I'm now at CD39 with no sign of AF. Having some PG symptoms but just wonder if I'm just making them up.
CD23/24 I had some really weird pain/cramps/pressure
CD25-29 cramping - noticed cervix is sitting weird - never had that before and really soft and closed
CD30 - nothing but some nausea
CD31-35 very light headed/dizzy/woozy spells. felt like I was on heavy pain medication feeling. waves of nausea. fatigue
CD36-present: heart palpatations (strong) acne - weird, bouts of nausea. fatigue. cervix is really high, really really soft, closed - really weird for me.

Taken four hpts and all negative - not even a hint. This cycle is really really weird. Never been late. Had a mc in 2011 and even then I had a bfp on the day my mc started which was the day to be my first day of af.

I'm completely baffled. Not sure what I should do, but I think that after the holiday this week, I'll make an appointment to see the DR and see if I can get a blood test done.?

~Ayrian User Image User Image

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Blood test is the only way for sure. Depending on which hpt ur taking, could want more hcg than u have in ur pee.

9 years ago

Thanks for your reply Kitten. I made an appointment for Wednesday. It will be interesting to see what comes out of all of this. I'm now on CD 41 and no sign of AF. Yesterday I had some cramping, but not AF-ish and then itchy nipples. Thought that maybe, just maybe I would get a different result so I POAS (FirstResponse) today and it was still BFN.

It's a crazy one!

9 years ago • Post starter

Yeah, let me know what the dr says

9 years ago

Well. Dr did two blood tests and both were BFN. She also tested my thyroid and that came back normal. She wasn't worried but said if AF doesn't show in the next 3-4 was to come back in and she would run hormone tests.

Heartbroken but at the same time, not surprised. Just my luck. 4yrars TTC and counting.

So I wanted to come back and conclude this post. I have been going crazy the last few months trying to find someone with the same story as me and when I think I did- there was no ending to their post and so I don't know what happened and that just frustrated me.
So here is my story with an ending.
I'm 39. No bc. No endo. No pros. No problems ever with af showing until November of 2014.
I ended up with a 76 day cycle, which is so freaking odd for me-it just happened.
Af finally showed (January 2015) and I was confused with my reactions. I was thankful the crazy was finally done but still sad I didn't end up with a bfp. TTC for four years will do that to ya, I suppose. Well af was a little more aggressive when she returned but nothing that I couldn't handle. And so now we are back on tract to TTC in the new year.
Happy new year!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo