Community post

Discussion

TTC first cycle

This is our first cycle trying to conceive. It really does take an emotional toll. The past few days I've been chasing after my ovulation, because I'm so afraid I'll miss it. We've baby danced the past few days. We missed yesterday because the hubby was tired. We are currently using preseed as well. Expensive by the way.

Anyway...how did you deal with it? Did you do opks a lot?

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi Heather,

TTC def takes a toll! We are TTC our first baby (really in the Not Trying Not Preventing phase of things) I got off bc in April and tracked using BBTs and opks in my fertile window. The BBT was helpful because I never ovulated in April or May (no dip and spike in BBT). Last cycle I tracked EVERYTHING. I opked from Day 5 (first day off AF), BBT, CM, CP, mood, etc. (Ovia app is amazing!!!!) It was my first cycle that I actually o'd (yay-body in its nature rhythm off bc). However, when AF showed, I was DEVASTATED. We bd'ed on Sunday (hubs is out of town all week for a work training, so only got to bd on the weekends). I o'd on a Wednesday. I had all kinds of "symptoms" so I thought there was a chance.....

This is technically our second cycle. I ONLY opked in my fertile window and once a day (twice a day in FW is great if you have a short surge like me, because you can miss it). I knew our bd schedule (again, weekends only for a couple more weeks) so I wasn't as diligent. I didn't necessarily use FMU (I drink a LOT of water, so pee in the middle of the night most times). I had a neg opk Sunday morning and a positive Monday morning. Neg Monday afternoon. Chances are my surge started Sun evening-Mon morning. So hopefully his dudes were there waiting ;-)

For us, we want a family but agreed that we didn't want sex/love making to be just about making a baby (that's just us-no judgment whatsoever for people on that mission!!!) We bd when we are in the mood! I used Preseed in my 1st cycle TTC, but it was just because I heard good things-don't really need the lubricant. I just thought maybe it would increase our chances ;-)

Don't worry about not bd'ing everyday-it can be tiring AND while DH might not have any sperm count/mobility issues, it doesn't hurt to give time for the supply to replenish ;-)

Hope all this helps...Best of luck and

(I'm 10 dpo, with AF scheduled Sun...haven't tested, not symptom tracking and trying to wait and see )

7 years ago

Thank you for responding :) and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm currently 2dpo (I think). I'm ready to test already lol

And yes, if we don't conceive this cycle, I know what to do and not do the next cycle. Trial and error I suppose. Good luck on your own ttc. Praying for your bfp!

7 years ago • Post starter

Of course!! No, you aren't the only one!! This process is so emotional and time-consuming and the TWW is torture!! haha Yeah, it's def trial and error. Even if you bd exactly when you should, it still isn't a guarantee...I think that's what makes it so hard!

Thanks! I'm 11 dpo today. I tested with a cheapie this morning and it was BFN. I didn't use FMU though. AF due Sunday....not sure if I'll test tomorrow or just wait and see what happens Sun.

Good luck to you as well....keep me posted!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo