Community post

Discussion

7 positive pregnancy tests negative blood test

Help! Ive taken 7 tests all positive but the blood test is coming back negative. ..has this happened to anyone?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

There are several blood test that can be ran, did they run a quantum HCG test? That will give you an exact amount of hcg in your blood. The other positive/negative test is different. Please don't quote me on this, but i believe that test does not read positive till it is over either 25 or 50. I would ask your Ob or lab which test they are running and ask for the specific HCG count. I would guess you home test is picking up a very low hcg count and the lab is running a higher count test.

9 years ago

with a bhcg anything over 25 is positive. By any chance are you taking medications that could cause a false positive test like anti-convulsive (seizure meds) hypnotics, or tranquilizers? Protein in the urine can cause a false positive, medications containing hcg for fertility, or not to scare you but ovarian tumors that produce hcg. You should make sure your test is not expired and hasnt been contaminated in anyway with excess heat or moisture. I know this has got to be genuinely frustrating, so I wish you luck to get to the bottom of it

sprinkle a whole lotta I pray for this result so I keep and wish to all who are trying

9 years ago

This exact thing happened to me. I peed on SO.MANY.STICKS lol but the doc blood test was beg. I was devastated. I went away for thee weekend but five days later still no af so I poased again on about ten sticks, all different brands.. All positive. I went back to doc and scattered them all across his desk. He called the lab and it turned out they had messed up and used the wrong <something technical bla bla bla> so he took more blood and I got my positive that day. So keep testing :)

9 years ago

hanwood1 Your story is beautiful!!!! What a blessing i love it!

sprinkle a whole lotta I pray for this result so I keep and wish to all who are trying

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo