Community post

Discussion

The Wait is Driving me Nuts (7DPO)

Looking for cycle buddies. Just ovulated after a miscarriage in April, I know I might have my head in the clouds, but really hoping it happens this month. Anyone else going crazy?

11 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

I would love to be your cycle buddy! I'm sorry to hear about the MC :( I can't even imagine trying as hard as I have and then getting that hope.

I am 9dpo right now and in our 8th cycle of trying. This is the first month we used preseed so I'm holding out a lot of hope for that and going CRAZY this tww! On 6dpo I got some dull cramps and pink spotting, then 7dpo dull cramps and brown spotting, yesterday just brown spotting and today NOTHING. I'm not due for AF until Friday so I obviously am way too hopeful that this is implantation and trying really hard not to be too letdown if/when AF shows up this week.

I'm 27 and a teacher, so luckily on summer break now. Or unluckily because all I do is sit at home and research and obsess over every little tinge!

7 years ago

Yay! For cycle buddies. It only took me 2 weeks to get pregnant back in April, so I am hoping this month is it. Total gift and curse that you're a teacher, amazing to have tome off and awful to have so much time to think. I taught for five years! . Spotting sounds good to me! Have you considered jumping the gun and just testing once a day from here forward?

7 years ago • Post starter

Well, I DID haha I have a box of FR and a box of clear blue digital, then some very weak internet cheapies. I've been afraid to break out my good tests because seeing another BFN on them seems like such a waste, but yesterday and today I tested with the cheapies and they obviously were negative. I don't know if it's because I'm actually not, or if they're just so low at detecting it didn't pick anything up - since I'm really not due for AF for another 4-5 days.

That is so lucky you hit it on the first try! I really hope that happens for you again!

Do you mind me asking if you did anything special that first month to get the BFP? We've tried adding or doing something a little different every month and this month like I said was preseed and we only BD'd on CD 8,10,12,14,16.

7 years ago

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you. I took a test this AM and it had a super faint positive line.
So, if all goes well this time, that's two in the first month of trying. Do you use any apps to track ovulation, etc? I used the OVIA app this month, and got a box of LH strips from amazon. I had sex every single day during my fertile window both times, and paid close attention when I saw the LH surge from the ovulation test. I guess a few pointers would be: don't do oral (saliva bad), check CM, and do it every single day during the window. One word of advice, Easy at Home has pregnancy test strips, 20 in a box for $20, and I also like the EPT tests. I saw you mentioned that you took clearblue digital so I bought one, even though I got faint lines on the EPT and easy at home, the digital said I was not pregnant--period is scheduled for 3 days away. Any objections to doing it every day during fertile window?
I am sorry it's taking so long, the waits really drive you crazy.

Yeah I haven't taken a digital one ever because I'm waiting until I get a nice BFP one every other test as I've heard the digital are more likely to give a not pregnant. I use OVIA and track with opk strips, don't use any lube/saliva or anything with spermicide, just used preseed and the good ole natural stuff lol We've tried every day during the fertile week, every other day, twice during fertile 2 day window..just about every combination. I mean, we've had 8 months of this already and unfortunately AF showed up yesterday making this start month 9.

Congratulations on your positive! That is VERY lucky compared to a lot of women on this site, I really hope it sticks for you this time! Its rare to get a false positive, so if you see a faint line that's gotta be your answer right there :)

7 years ago

Ugh! That is so frustrating. I am so sorry! I am sure it will happen but I know it's so tough to wait. Have you thought about lying to your Dr and telling her you've been trying for a year to see if she can check anything out? Are you over or under weight? Any scar tissue from past STDs? I wish I could help.

I actually went to the doctor yesterday, 2nd time I've visited for this and she still recommends waiting before doing anything =/ She said 90% of couples will conceive before 1 year (doesn't sound too accurate) and urges us to wait until October. I can choose to do some tests now if I want to, she just says it might be a waste of money because of those statistics. Said the next step for me would be the dye test where they shoot it and then follow and make sure everything is open, and it costs at least $1k and insurance doesn't cover it so it would be out of pocket. I'm seriously debating it, do I want to spend the money and get some answers and know that all we're doing is pointless? Or do I want to waste the money and find out nothing is wrong we just suck at baby making?

7 years ago

Totally tough. The one thing this whole process teaches us is that so much of it is out of our control. The miscarriage was a heavy blow--but all of it is super heavy. I totally get what you're going thru--you question everything, whether it will happen, whether it won't, whether it can. I am thinking of you and wishing you all my best.

Babybump89!
I hope that you're well. I wanted to check in on you and see how you were. I had a chemical after all--was super bummed. And now, I am back at a super faint positive 12dpo. This roller coaster is insane. Please update me on you!

Welcome back! I hope this sticks for you this time and it's not another fluke. I'm pretty sure I had a chemical last month as I got a faint line on one of the dip tests on 12dpo then AF started a few hours later. It was extremely depressing because for half a day there I was convinced I was pregnant.

Mid summer hubs had a sperm analysis done and we found out he has a very low sperm count, so we've been on Fertilaid since then. We're starting month 3 of that tomorrow actually, and they say it takes that long for it to start working but we can already tell his "stuff" is a different consistency so once again we're just in the lets keep trying process. I'm on CD13 right now so going to enter the tww this weekend. Not really mentally ready for another after last month, but trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of it.

How are things with you? Any symptoms to go along with that bfp??

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo