Community post

Discussion

Implantation Bleeding or Early Period?

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to this site but love it! I've been doing so much reading about implantation bleeding it's unbelievable!

I had conceived DD in June 2012, and had implantation bleeding around 6 dpo, and a positive HPT at 8 or 9 dpo. I didn't symptom spot because I was very lucky to have conceived in month #2 but I do recall that the bleeding was very light and only lasted a day or two and was also old blood (brown).

This time around doesn't seem quite as simple. For the first time in my life, I had a 29-day cycle last month. I wasn't too sure if I ovulated either because I never got a positive OPK. This month, I decided to temp and use OPK and it appears I O'd on CD 24, which seemed to align well with my 33-35 day normal cycle range.

However, I noticed some light pink spotting on 6dpo when I wiped but not again for the rest of the day.

7dpo, there was nothing when I woke up, then at mid morning, more light pink spotting, and it went away again.

8dpo, spotting that continued throughout the day. A couple of times i told myself it had to be AF, nothing else. Went away again in the evening.

9dpo, heavier spotting, bright red blood but only when i wiped. on and off throughout the day... same for 10 dpo

11 dpo, BFN and light pink spotting throughout the day only when I wiped

today i am 12 dpo, there was pink spotting once when i used the washroom which now appears to be gone. My period wasn't due until this coming Wednesday, so I'm very confused. I didn't test today simply because I can't take the heartbreak but may test on 14 dpo.

Is this just my period regulating?? I've NEVER had a light period in all the 16 years I've been having periods and often need tampons for the first two days until it moves to a medium flow...

Any similar stories?

Thanks so much for reading. Sorry it's long!

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

What happened? Was it just an odd period?

9 years ago

Think I may have missed a period. No AF yet. Will update once she arrives. Took hpt two weeks ago and it was BFN and will take a blood test if I don't have my period by mid January

9 years ago • Post starter

Think I may have missed a period. No AF yet. Will update once she arrives. Took hpt two weeks ago and it was BFN and will take a blood test if I don't have my period by mid January

That was me too, this month.

6DPO - Translucent sticky brown
7DPO - Brownish red
8DPO - Brownish red
9DPO - Dark red, to sticky brown again

It was intermittent each day-- so it would come and go every hour or two and only when I wiped. None of it was ever more than a drop on the pantyliner.

Four HPTs and all negatives (8DPO, 13DPO, 15DPO, 18DPO). I'm 22DPO now and I'm afraid to test again, and I'm spotting again.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.

9 years ago

Hey shymilj,

unfortunately, I no longer believe I'm pregnant... Like I said I think I probably just missed a period. Have you considered doing a blood test? I've heard of people getting BFPs around 21/22 DPO. Are you sure about your O day??

This was MY BAD, i thought I was responding to another question that I actually posted on another site. This was a period... lighter flow than usual. I haven't had a period since, I've had a drop or two of blood in lieu of periods in Dec and this month. For now, doctor says it is likely stress related... except I don't feel stressed..

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo