Community post

Discussion

I need to find who wrote this post!! BFP after MIRENA

I got AF right after I had my Mirena removed, which was on schedule, as I had had AF for the last two cycles before I had Mirena removed. It was quite heavy and lasted for 7 days.
My doctor said we could start trying right away.
I used OPK to determine my ovulation, but when I thought I would ovulate, it never because positive, and my period didn't come 14 days later. I tested...but BFN. Still no sign of AF...so I kept testing every few days (thank goodness for internet cheapies).
Then I started getting ovulation signs, EWM, so I tested with an OPK, and sure enough I ended up getting a positive. This was when I would have ovulated if I had my period (so I am thinking last month was just annovulatory?). So we BD, and at 10 dpo got our BFP!
It was a very confusing month...so good luck and patience to all of you that are trying to figure out your cycles after Mirena!

I also had my Mirena removed last month, and I just wanted to ask questions as to what the body changes you went through, and everything else in between.
Please help me out. Cant find anyone else on here that had mirena removal...weird! ( and with a BFP )
Thank you so much, and CONGRATS!!

6 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I had a mirena for full five years. The strings were lost, the doctor couldnt remove it in a regular clinic, I ended up having surgical procedure in a hospital to remove it. So we waited a cycle, then after couple months I got BFP what turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.
After chemical I took last month easy, not preventing, but not trying actively. But this month will be the the month to ttc seriously ... I want to have a child with my man so badly...
I am CD 2, MightyBrighty Aunt Flow reigns in my kingdom now.

12 years ago

OMG that is horrible and scary! I had mine for 3 years and thank goodness I had no problems removing it. How soon after you had your surgery were you able to get pregnant?
I have been hearing a range between right away to months and years. I know every woman is diff but I wasnt sure because of having the chemicals in you for so long, if it would take some time to actually get out of your system before you body was able to fully function.
What goodies are you using this month in TTC, if any?

12 years ago • Post starter

the proceedure was in August, so I think I am good to go...
this month I will use:

mindwise: positive, optimistic but still "no pressure-it happens when it is suppossed to happen" i am not the one who can decide or make it happen but I will be helping and promoting it

bodywise: vitamins, planning to get B6 in addition to PreNat
I bought OPK (never use it before)
PreSeed (though I am always wet for bd -sorry for tmi-it might be a hostile type of wetness) so I will pump the preseed
dh on his part said that we will have a Christmas BabyMaking Marathon (which calendar friendly since I have few days off around holidays)

12 years ago

Hi there, I was just scrolling along and spotted this post..
Back in Aug of 2009 (Aug 6th) To be exact I had my Mirena
removed,following the removal I had what seemed to be a period which lasted 7 days,very heavy and painful. Somewhere in the middle/end of Aug I ov'ed but wasn't to sure if I wanted ttc yet so I didn't chart a whole lot. In Sept i got AF which was a normal 5 day deal,then after it stopped I decided lets ttc number 4 I used the Ovulation Scope..Which by the way works awesome,when using that I was able to pinpoint OV without a shadow of doubt..Low and behold Sept 22nd was O'DAY and 9DPO I found out I was pregnant!! Gave birth on June 15th 2010 to a 7lb 2oz baby boy! I hope this info was helpful! Bottom line,after Mirena is removed it really doesn't take the body long to "reboot" your cycles (About 1 cycle and your back to normal) But keep in mind..All woman are different! Good Luck!

12 years ago

I got the mirena removed july 2011... I got pregnant in November and lost my baby....I was told that my lining probably wasn't thick enough to support a pregnancy because it can take a bit for it to build up after taking the iud out... GL hope it works out for you, I have heard good and bad things about getting pregnant so soon after.

12 years ago

Hi guys, this is what I know about the mirena

The first period is not actually a period it is a withdrawal bleed, just a response to the sudden absence of progesterone. It is usually long and not like a normal period. You will then ovulate at some stage in the next month, at which point you can get pregnant.

I have had 2, (primarily to treat endometriosis following surgery to keep it away) it, over 8 years. Got pregnant immediately, but it was a chemical, that was feb. Fell pregnant again in May but miscarried at 6 weeks then pregnant again the next cycle in June. Unfortunatly I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks, my baby had died a few weeks earlier. Was a bit of a drama as it was not straight forward, tried natural, then medical but ended in d&c. Periods returned 6 weeks later. My periods are ridiculously light but I am pregnant again now about 6 weeks. Very anxious but trying to be positive.

So pregnancy is achievable after even long term mirena. After some investigations the verdict is my age (41yrs) the big factor in my miscarriages not the mirena.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo