Community post

Discussion

negative hpts but still pregnant?

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Time line of events (I was taking the mini pill at the time of last period).

May 17th 2014 is my last known af. 2nd consecutive one since starting the mini pill exactly 28 days apart.

I started having symptoms in between and just knew from previous experience that I was pregnant. It was a shock but exciting. Very on June 19 a faint bfp showed up after the 10 minute window. This happened with my second child so I knew it was really happening. Went to the dr for bloods the same day. Came back negative.

every morning after the line was slightly darker but still after 10 mins.

June 22nd I got a legit bfp in the first 3 minutes. Faint but there

June 23rd I started to bleed

June 26th I had bloods come back at <6 for hcg levels and ultrasound that showed no uterine wall thickening and no evidence of pregnancy.

have not taken the mini pill since. Just using condoms.

August 2nd I had a moderately heavy bleed that lasted 4 days. It was the day after I had a cervical laser ablation procedure and bleeding was a side effect so it may have been af but most likely was not.

hospital pre surgery hpt was negative when I saw it and watched the nurse chuck it in the bin. Half an hour or so later though I was questioned about the result because she had written negative on one page and positive on the very top of another. She went to lunch already so they couldn't check with her.

2 weeks ago a bfn. Today another bfn.

It is now sept 1st and if the august event was af she should have been back this past weekend but still there is no sign of her.

Ever since the miscarriage I have frequently had to pee. To the point where I have had people say are you pregnant. I have been having insomnia and fluctuate between hungry and bloaty. Also quite tired despite my 8mo son now sleeping a lot better at night.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I absolutely recall ovulating in June it was a week late so when I got my bfp 5 weeks after lmp I would have only been 4 weeks. When I had the scan after bleed I would have barely been 5 weeks. The scanner herself said it was possibly too early to see anything.

If it wasnt a miscarriage and I were to be still pregnant I would be around 14 weeks now.

It is remotely possible that I have conceived again since june and before august 1. But the negative hpts are just so confusing.

My af has never been more than a day or 2 late in my whole life apart from when pregnant. I know it can take a while post miscarriage to get it back maybe that is all it is?

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo