Community post

Discussion

Experiences of late implantation and delayed periods pls

Does anyone know whether we can miss a period before implantation?. Reason I am asking is, some sites state that once egg is fertilised the corpus luteum produces progesterone which delays your period. Then after egg is implanted, the placenta takes over and you get a positive hpt in a few days.

So supposingly, if we ovulated later in our cycle, and conceived, is it possible to implant after the delayed periods and get a late bfp? Has anyone experienced this?

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,
If you ovulate late your body will adjust and af will be late, your luteal phase stays the same. If your luteal phase is too short implantation will not happen and you would have to work on lengthening your luteal phase. Your period will not be skipped due to pregnancy unless implantation has be successful. Remember that implantation can happen between 5 and 12 days past ovulation, some sites even suggest it can happen as early as 3!
Hope this answers your question and good luck.

8 years ago

Thank you kerzie! So I have to calculate my expected period date based on my average luteal phase length right? Only if it crosses the luteal phase I have to consider my period to missed?

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo