Community post

Discussion

Happiness turns to Sorrow in 2 short days

Well, when I finally get my positive pregnancy test, I find out 2 days later I am losing it. I knew something wasn't right when I took my first pregnancy test 15 dpo and didn't even see a positive line until about 30 minutes later. This was a cheap dollar store $1 test so I went and bought a better quality test. It gave me a positve but was still light so I went and got a blood test done and it verified I was indeep pregnant. I was so excited and happy but still wondered why my tests were so light. They should have been giving me a dark line by now. I took another test the next day only to see a line lighter than the day before. I went back to the lab and got an hcg check and my number was at 25. The nurse kept telling me not to worry and that the number was ok at that point and that I was just so early right now and that is why my tests kept giving me a light line still. I knew better so I demanded another hcg check the next day and sure enough my number went from 25 to 22. I knew I was losing the pregnancy. My doctor told me he couldn't be 100% sure yet and had me keep taking the prometriums. I felt fine all weekend long except I felt too fine. I felt no pregnancy symptoms at all so I still pretty much knew it was over. I got up Monday morning still trying to hold out a small peice of hope that maybe just maybe those pills helped keep it going but I took my last pregnancy test and it was completely negative. I went back in for one more hcg test and the number had gone down to a 4. I took my last prometrium the night before since I knew it was over and I started bleeding the very next day. I am so devastated. My doctor had no explanation for me on this. I am thinking it was a chemical pregnancy. Never in my life have I had this happen to me. I have had 3 other miscarriages but never lost one in just a few short days. I am going in on the 30th for a laproscopic surgery to see if I have endometriosis because I have had alot of cramping for the last few months. He said he will also be checking my uterus and clean me out real good and hopefully I will be able to still carry. I am anxious to start trying again as soon as possible. I just wanted to share my story with you and wish you ladies the best of luck and lots of baby dust. Keep your heads held high and hope for the best, that is all we can do.

Paradise

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hey, dont worry docs always have ideas but it could me nothing, did they check if u were rh-, if so u can still just get a shot and can still get preg. dont worry just relax...:) God bless your family.. i lost 3 pregs.

12 years ago

Thanx for replying. Yes, I am rh negative and I guess I need to remind this to my doc wednesday. I was actually wondering if I would need that shot again since this was only a chemical pregnancy. I am hoping to start trying again as soon as possible.

Paradise

12 years ago • Post starter

ok, if u lost the baby it might be because during this preganacy ur blood is negative, theat means ur baby dont recieve blood i had a ultrasound it was just a sac, and u need a shot if ur blood negative at that time, always tell ur doc, they have to give shots after miscarrage, at 28 weeks and when baby is born, dont worry though i have a lot of friends got rh factor and they have 2- 4 kids i got it from my mom i guess and she had 4 kids just try to know when u ovulate . dont stress i lost three only 1 was negative the other two was positive they say i loose cause my work is too hard it was a man job, but we can do it hang in there.:)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo