Community post

Discussion

7dpo (I think) but not feeling much.

I'm not a charter so my dpo and ovulation could be off. I do chart my periods every month so I know my cycle average is 27 days. I was reading other posts and according to my lmp I'm 7dpo but I don't ha e symptoms. The only thing I do feel is when I go from sitting or laying to standing my uterus feels like its tearing!! :( ... my ovary areas will cramp slightly for a sec but that's it.... anyone else??? 

*no breast tenderness
*no spotting
*no hunger
*no nausea 

12 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

I'm in exactly the same boat. 7dpo and nothing but some pulling pinching now and again on my right side. No bloating, cramps, sore bbs. I stared antibiotics yesterday for a chest infection so I'm not expecting anything from this cycle. Fx to you.

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

Mrs Fingerscrossed

I'm not thinking this month is it. 8dpo and today NOTHING but lower back pain....but I have scoliosis so I'm not counting it as a symptom because I get random back pain all the time :( ...

Maybe next month then

9 years ago • Post starter

The only symptom I ever got with my pregnancies was the pulling, 'stitch' like pain on one side of my uterus. Any other symptoms could be explained away by the hormonal changes which occur in the second part of our cycles, pregnant or not. Oh and a little bit of creamy cervical mucus.

This little pain can be quite sharp when you cough or move position. I believe it is from the ovary the egg is released from. After ovulation a cyst like structure is left behind which produces it's own hormones to sustain a very early pregnancy should you conceive that cycle. If an egg is fertilised and implants this cyst stays in place for much of your first trimester until the placenta is formed and takes over the role when the cyst will then slowly be absorbed away.

If you do not conceive the corpus luteum (the name for the cyst) starts to shrink away over the next couple of weeks and stops producing hormones and that's when your uterine lining beaks down and you'll start your period.

The corpus luteum will start to shrink about 7-8dpo. In my instance if the pulling pain for me went away after 7dpo I was not pregnant. But each time I was pregnant I could feel this stitch like pain each day throughout the two week wait. Each time the pain stayed I was pregnant and it stayed for most of my first trimester. I believe I could feel the corpus luteum on the ovary and obviously with conception it doesn't shrink away.

I don't know whether this will help or not but if you're lucky enough to feel this little pain I'd be curious to see if this works for others too. I spent a lot of my time during the two week wait coughing to see if I could feel the pulling. I'm sure everyone must have thought I was mad!

Good luck and may the pain continue for you! Lol

9 years ago

Maggic, that is very interesting but how does that work when implantation can happen until 12 dpo? Does the cyst reform after a late implantation? Also i thought the average implantation date was 9 dpo. I can't feel the pulling today but my nipples hurt like hell. That's the only symptom I have at 8dpo.

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

As far as I understand the corpus luteum keeps producing hormones until approximately 12dpo which would allow implantation up till then. Even though it starts to shrink after 7-8dpo it still produces the hormones necessary which keep our uterine lining in place to allow implantation. At 13dpo it really is on its way out which causes the progesterone drop and the shedding of the uterine lining on typically day fourteen. If you research the statistics on late implantation there is a much higher risk of the pregnancy ending in miscarriage. Most pregnancies have earlier implantation, 6-10dpo so the corpus luteum is stimulated to maintain the early pregnancy and not start to shrink away. I believe it is the robust corpus luteum which causes the pulling sensation to continue after day 8. If you look at the number of ladies who put photos of there pregnancy tests up from 8,9 and 10dpo that show faint positives I can't help but feel that implantation at least starts sooner rather than later given hcg doubling times.

It is also thought that there are minute chemical/hormonal communications between the fertilised egg (blastocyst) and the ovary even as the blastocyst is still making its way down the Fallopian tube to the uterus. Perhaps the communications make for a robust corpus luteum which can be felt.

This has been a consistent pregnancy sign for me personally. I really hope you get your bfp this time. Until you do we won't know if the pulling pain is going to be a sign for you or not. Can you still feel it?

Oh, and if you have a late implantation the corpus luteum would be stimulated to keep producing the necessary hormones to maintain the early pregnancy. As far as I understand the reason there is a higher risk of miscarriage if there is a very late implantation due to the blastocyst (fertilised egg) being a little too 'old' to grow properly by that stage. I have heard that late implantation could be a reason for a blighted ovum.

9 years ago

Thanks Maggic, you have done a lot of research on this. I had always assumed that since the stats say 6 -12 dpo for implantation they were referring to the same level of viable pregnancy. And given ff says 13dpo was average for a first positive pregnancy test, I thought that would indicate later implantation was common.

Funny you mention the pulling because it is back today but on the other side? Does that ever happen? It's very noticeable when I move.

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

Got my BFP like 30 min ago....now im freaking out.....oh boy. Today I swore I had a UTI ....very uncomfortable and mild cramps like AF was definitely starting any second.

Oh wow congratulations!!!! That's wonderful news :) What dpo are you now and what brand test did you use? You are giving me hope! Lol

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

I'm 10dpo today. (It's 10:26pm) where I am. I used one from Walmart that was .88 cents.

Wow! Congratulations! I felt compelled to answer your post because the pulling sensation has been such a big and obvious symptom for me I wanted to share it! So one pulling sensation has been a sign of a bfp now we just have to see if it is for you Mrsfingerscrossed! I haven't had it cross sides before but I still see it as a very hopeful sign! A very similar sensation can be caused in early pregnancy by the ligaments around the uterus. (Round ligaments) look them up on images on google to see if there's a diagram.

Also the ovaries actually move down towards the opening of the Fallopian tubes to help the egg flush down the tube and it has been said that the pulling of this process can be felt. Basically there are a number of things that can cause this pulling, stitch like pain but I swear whatever is causing it, it is a big sign in the tww! It has pretty much been diagnostic for me!

Mrs fingers crossed I don't think it matters which side you're feeling it, it is a very good sign! Even though I said it hasn't crossed sides for me I have felt it in both sides simultaneously before until it settled to just one side. The fact that you are still feeling it is exciting! Please keep me posted I feel quite invested in this now!

In fact please go poas!!

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo