Community post

Discussion

PCOS

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) in 2000 (13yrs old) and I was put on the Contraceptive Pill due to irregular periods. In 2007 I decided to stop taking it to see if my periods would be regular by itself, and it was.
In 2012, I got the Implanon implanted into my arm, however it didn't agree with me. I had it taken out in 2014 and ever since, my periods have been irregular again. I haven't taken any contraception since then.
In late 2010 and early 2012 I became pregnant, but I had miscarriages with both at around the 5 week mark.
Now that I'm married (age 28), my husband and I have been trying for about two months.
It's hard to tell when I'm ovulating as my periods are so irregular, and even when using the MaybeBaby Ovulation Saliva Test, it seems to always have Ferns and it's quite confusing.
My husband and I have been making love frequently (not every day) just to make sure, however, I have been told that the sperm count goes down.
Anyway, on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th on January we made love and on the 14th I was spotting light pink and light brown blood. Today it has been light brown and tonight has been dark brown, but only very little amounts. I'm waiting to see if I get my full period tomorrow, but if the bleeding stops I will go to the doctors for a Pregnancy Blood Test.
I just want to hear from anyone else who has PCOS and who has been or is going through this sort of thing.
How did you feel?
How did you cope?
Was the pregnancy successful?
Did you have to have any medication to fall pregnant?
Is there any advice that you can give to someone who sometimes loses faith in her reproductive ability :( I'm scared to have another miscarriage and even more so, I'm scared of not being able to have babies at all.
If I'm not pregnant, what would be the first step for someone in my position? Obviously going to a doctor, but is there anything in particular I should ask?
Thank-you in advance xoxo

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo