Community post

Discussion

So, curious...

Hi everyone!

I recently started tracking my cycles this month, but I've always been pretty knowledgeable with them. My mom was TTC a few years back and she taught me a lot of stuff (and is probably where I learned the poas addiction from! )

I use an app to track my period and it's been pretty accurate for the past year, but I've never really SUPER tracked. My cycles aren't "irregular" but they aren't what they used to be. I used to have a very regular 28/31 cycle flip until I had my son in 2012 and then I don't know what happened.

It seemed for a while that I now had 27/31 cycles but it has just a bit of deviation. Sometimes it'll be 32 or 28 etc. My problem lies with this month. I started using OPKs this month. My app estimated I'd O on CD15 because on average my period is 29 days long. Husband and I BD Saturday and Sunday and we were going to break for Monday and Tuesday and then gear up on Wednesday and Thursday.

I kept slipping OPKs and got negatives until Wednesday, which was CD17... Then I got + Wednesday at noon, Wednesday night, Thursday noon and Thursday night, and then today at noon and at night.

I've read a lot of different stuff, like some women have longer LH surges, my body could be attempting to O and can't, PCOS, pregnancy symptoms, the whole nine yards.

NOW, I've been having odd symptoms. A lot of them are normal, but they feel different kinda. Like, I've had tender beasts. Normally my left gets a bit throbby before O. Just the left one and maybe for an hour and thats it. This time, they alternate pain and it's been like this for three days. I've been feeling this weird pulling/prodding feeling in my pelvic area that's new... I've also been SUUUUUUPER gassy. Which isn't really normal. A little gas, yeah, but this is like hold the cannon, I might explode gas.

Also, for the past two days, I've had GLOBS AND GLOBS OF EWCM. More than I've ever seen ever. Like holy moly, I sit and wipe and wipe and more keeps coming out and I'm pretty sure it's unnatural. Thats never EVER happened before, not even with my son, though I was 13 weeks pregnant when I found out with him and I was nauseous all the time.

I've had a lot of lower back pain, but no cramps or anything... Just the boobies hurting, the poking and prodding, super gas, super ewcm, and back pain. Then the three days of OPKs,which I'm going to keep testing to see if stay positive because I'm curious.

I don't want to get all crazy and say pregnant because i don't know about that, but has anyone has this experience before and what came of it for you? I just wanted to find out what everyone thought. I haven't gone stick crazy and peed on all of my HPTs and I'm not even going to test until next Friday because I feel it's too early for that, but I just wanted to gather opinions!

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Just adding because I made an error. I got the first + on CD18 not CD17! I felt like it was important haha

9 years ago • Post starter

Another + today. CD21.

Alright, so updating again.

I haven't tested a second time tonight (I only have 1 OPK left and I'm considering keeping it for tomorrow), but I did feel up my cervix (which I'm a bit new to doing.)

Now, on CD11 was the first time I tried doing this. I thought I was going to be Oing on the 14th/15th, so I wanted to feel it change. Oddly enough, it (to me) felt like lips and "soft," but I don't know what "low" or "high" is because it kind of seemed like it was in the same place over the next couple of days. I continued checking and it seemed on some days that the "lip" feeling was getting bigger kinda. More like normal lips (but obviously smaller than the ones on my face).

Sometime near CD 14 (maybe CD13, maybe CD15, I don't remember) my cervix seemed to disappear, haha. I couldn't find it AT ALL, no matter how far I reached. Maybe I did it wrong or something.

Then as CD18 came around, I could feel it again and (by CD18) it was lips, soft, with those globs of EWCM as I said in my first post. I was never dried up between CD11-CD17, but it wasn't eggwhite. My CM was watery, but creamy colored. One day on the weekend of CD12-14, I had one small period of time (an hour? two?) where I found a single, small glob of clear CM, but it wasn't like eggwhites. It could be stretched, but only so far and would bounce back to itself, kind of staying in a ball? but then it went back to watery, thin CM.

Now, today when I checked, I have significantly less EWCM (I still have a little, but NOTHING like yesterday or the day before or even the day before that), but my cervix feels very soft and (this may sound weird?) like there's three lips? I don't believe it's felt like this at all since I've been feeling it.

I also don't know how to tell if it's open or closed. I tried sticking my finger in it a few times, since it's felt like lips for a while, but I can't at all so I'm pretty sure I'm doing that wrong, haha.

I just figure I'll update this post until I figure out what's going on and then post my results, too.

Currently:

CD21 with + OPKs starting on CD18. So four days. Tomorrow will be five.

Will update again tomorrow afternoon c: Any opinions would be welcomed and appreciated!

So update:

It's CD22 and another +OPK today. I cracked and used the freebie HPT that came with my 20 pack of OPKs and it was negative. My heart almost exploded when I saw the dye welling up around this line, like it might be a +, but it turned out just to be where the dye WOULD have gone if it was going to be +. I didn't expect it to be +, but I was hoping.

Today I am tired and achy. My entire body feels like it was hit by a train. I have some normal CM today, which I'm pretty sure small amounts of this watery, yellow stuff is normal for me because I almost ALWAYS have it.

I'm starting to feel like my body just failed at spitting an egg out and I'm out this month. It's depressing because the husband doesn't want to keep trying right now, so if it doesn't happen this month, we won't be trying again until next year sometime, probably towards the end. It took a lot to convince him for us to try and he did everything I asked him to while we were trying, but I know he doesn't want to KEEP trying and I'm not going to force him. I might try talking him into it, but I don't want to put strain on him.

I have no more OPKs, which makes me sad because I wanted to see how long I got + for. I'm taking a CB digital test on Friday to see how that comes out. I don't know when I O'd, but I narrowed it down to "If I O'd, it was probably on Friday" which was CD19. I didn't have any O pain.... I did last month, but I don't always notice it. When I do notice, it's because it feels like cramps. My cramps always vary with AF, too. Sometimes they hurt like hell and other times I barely really notice them. So I guess we'll see.

I'm buying HPT's Friday night, so I can test until I start my period, haha. I kept my two HPT's from my son, too. I'd like to do it with this one. If I'm pregnant, I'll get a nice progression line. If not... well. :/

I'll update Friday for those of you who're reading this. No one likes a story with no conclusion.

I'm glad FF has a hotkey to close tabs, so I lost everything I typed here and have to retype it.

I meant to update Friday, but I forgot.

I picked up 8 HPTs. A box of three FRER and five dollar store tests, though because I've become something of a POAS addict, I only have 1 left as of today, which is Monday. It's been four days, haha.

I'm tracking as if my O day was on CD19:

Friday (7DPO): I took 2 tests. A FRER at Kroger (which was funny and made me feel awkward since there was only one stall because the other was out of order). and then one of the dollar store tests at home. Both were negative, though I was surprised with the FRER because I thought for absolute positive that I was going to get a line, even if it was faint. I've had this "I know I am" feeling so intense for the past about five-six days that I just wasn't expecting it.

Saturday (8DPO): I took 2 tests. Dollar store test with FMU, which was neg. FRER at night that I'm unsure of. I might post that one because even my husband said he saw what I was talking about with this one if the picture I took was in the negative color effect. I'm unsure of calling that one a straight negative.

Sunday (9DPO): I took 2 tests. Both dollar store tests and they were both negative. The second test had a weird scratch in its test, making it look odd.

Monday (today, 10DPO): I took my last dollar store test, which came out negative... I think. I might also post that one because I'm unsure with it. I'm about 30/70 with it. 30% unsure, 70% positive that it's negative.

I'm going to use my last FRER on Wednesday (12DPO) or Thursday (13 DPO). I'm shooting for Thursday, but I obviously have no self control.

A lot of my symptoms have eased up, but most are still there. I still get tingling/throbbing boob pain (though it's lessened), backache constantly, occasional sore legs, tired all the time, irritability, uterus pressure/pain/twinges/kind-of-cramps, and I'm kind of weepy. My CM went dry for about a day and then came back with a lot of it, though it's stretchy, sticky, and can be either white or clear. I've had vivid dreams every day for the past week, but my dreams are almost always vivid.

I started temping during my TWW to get into the habit of it for next cycle, so I'm not really counting this as a bad sign, but I kind of am. It seems like the trend of my chart is dropping. I've read that your temp going down is a sign of AF? So I've been kind of hung up on that:

CD23: 97.57
CD24: 97.57
CD25: 97.36
CD26: 97.59
CD27: 97.24
CD28: 97.52
CD29: 97.30

Anyhoo, I'll be back to update this post on Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully the latter, but likely the former. I'm going to go post my FRER and Dollar store tests that I'm unsure about.

I should have waited until tomorrow to test. AF got me and I almost right after I tested. As I was staring at the stupid line that showed up on the FRER. How cruel is that? I will never buy First Response products again.

My temperature was super low today, so that was my first cue. My second cue was after I gave up on the test, I started cramping a lot (no signs beforehand, other than last nights, "What if I take that test and start bleeding" thought.)

I guess it's how the cookie crumbles. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. No more OPK testing and no more HPTs in the future because they were useless. I'll just have sex with my husband like a normal person and do it whenever we feel like it. It's how all the youngins' are doing it nowadays and they get pregnant all the damn time.

Thanks to those who were reading my posts.

Hi, thank you for your story. I'm a fellow poas addict. :) i've used 14 opk's this cycle so far and two hpt's. According to the Opk's i 've had two lh surges, so i could be 7 dpo or 0dpo today. It's very confusing, since i've been having a lot of symptoms: creamy cm, tender breasts, nausea, mild pressure,... We'll see...
Don't give up on the sticks and temperature. I used them with my first pregnancy and i got pregnant in the second round. It's possible that your surge lasts five days. It's just the beginning that counts. Keep the faith! Good luck!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo