Community post

Discussion

what age is considered high risk pregnancy

what age is high risk pregnancy? This is a common question. Now a days, in our busy schedule, many women are planning their pregnancy at the age of 35 or more and they are facing so many physical problems to getting pregnant. High Risk Pregnancy age is started beyond 35. You should aware about pregnancy age risks.
There are some problems in late age pregnancy.
http://www.trendingtop5.com/high-risk-pregnancy-age-pregnancy-over-35/

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I think it depends on your OBGYN. I'm an RN on a postpartum floor. Some doctors that I work with consider what they call "advanced maternal age" to be 35 and higher. My personal OB doesn't consider it until 40. I like to go with that since I am currently 34 ;).

8 years ago

you are right, It varies with person to person. But after 35, the the risk factors may appear. It is not necessary that you will face the same.

8 years ago • Post starter

Pregnancy can be a risk no matter what age you are at, I have known ladies in their 20's who had babies with mental and/or physical problems. This does not mean that teenagers should only have babies.
Everyone is aware of their individual risks, we go to doctors and talk things over before coming to a well informed decision. Many older women take better care of themselves and prepare their bodies for pregnancy which can't be said for the majority of young ladies.
Every woman has the right to decide what is best for their bodies and what is medically, ethically and morally right for themselves. And might I add, without judgement from others!

8 years ago

You are right kerzie, But some options are not in our hand. We can never change some internal facts of our body, such as bad quality ovum. Truly it is everyone's own decision, I never insist or advice others. I have just discussed the risk factors.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
Of course you have the right to discuss it, just as every woman in their 40's will discuss it with a professional.
Studies have shown that ovum can indeed be improved through various methods, in fact some women end up with egg quality as good as those in their late 20's. I find it amazing how far science and knowledge has advanced since ivf has become available.
I might not be going the ivf route myself but I thank those with the courage to do so as we now have more information and help available than has been before.
God in his wisdom would not allow life to be formed if it was not meant to be, God does not make mistakes.
Are you in your 40's and ttc?

Best wishes

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo