Community post

Discussion

Hcg levels after chemical

I tested on Dec 11th with FMU and got a "medium" colored positive.
I woke up to blood on my undies December 13th. I thought that AF started and needed to change my pad a few times that day - seemed like a normal day 1 AF. However, the next morning I changed my overnight pad and then spotted for two days (I could've worn a panty liner and not changed it all day - this is how light the spotting was).i tested again and the positive line was lighter than the first test. Today, December 21st I still have a very light positive.

How long do Hcg levels take to drop?
I am also confused as to why I bled for one day - I feel like if it was truly a CP I would have had a normal flow?

I have only been feeling extremely fatigued for the past two weeks - which is also the only symptom I experienced the first time I got pregnant four years ago that ended in a MC at 8 weeks.

I understand that my positive tests should have been getting darker, and that Hcg levels take some time drop and I could be experiencing positives from what was left in my system. But the one day bleed is that factor that is really throwing me off.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

It really depends upon what part of your lining was shedding, that could have attributed to the odd bleeding. My chemicals have resulted in full flow bleeding but I now know I had tubal blockages at the time. So as long as you're getting a check up to make sure you have no residual products of conception, you should be fine. Its really a waiting game letting your body get back to normal. I also had a cervical ectopic terminated at 8wks and it took my hcg to go from 70k+ down to 3 about 10 wks I believe. Sorry for your loss and hopefully things will improve from here.

8 years ago

Hello there!
I know this is sort of old but I had a chemical pregnancy last month and when I started bleeding I only bled sort of heavy for one day and light for 3 days. Shorter than a normal period for me!

Anyway I'm curious how things turned out for you? And also for your next cycle.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo