Community post

Discussion

Fertility blend supplements

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could suggest some fertility blend supplements for me that has worked for them, or that sound promising. There are so many to choose from it is overwhelming! I have been reading about the benefits of vitex chaste berry, and myo inositol. Does anyone have any advice? I am starting to get impatient and also lose hope that we will ever be successful with TTC.
A little background about me.. I am almost 31 yrs old and my husband and I have been TTC child #1 for about 5 months now. Although the first couple months I'm not 100% sure I quite timed my ovulation correctly, or that I even ovulated. My cycles have always been irregular. Anywhere from 27 days to 38 days. My periods are usually anywhere from 7-11 days, and sometimes heavy with bad cramps, sometimes not. One thing I have noticed is that my luteal phase seems different just about every cycle! it has been 12 days, 7 days, 14 days ect. I usually ovulate around CD 14-17 but ovulation has occurred as late as CD 26 before, followed by a shortened luteal phase. From reading online it looks like the luteal phase should not have such variations.. Also I now know when I am ovulating because I confirm it with a digital OPK, and noticed I get slight cramps the next day after a positive digital OPK. I have not been diagnosed with any reproductive issues so far. I know TTC takes time and some people have been trying for years and years. I also worry about my age since I am almost 31 now. My BMI is within normal limits and I am trying to get better with cutting out caffeine, dieting, and exercising. I have cut out alcohol completely. Also I am an only child, and my mother had a lot of trouble TTC me. She had endo and ended up having a hysterectomy at 35. I spoke with my gyno about my cycle and she said just to have patience and everything was fine. She did not seem worried at all. She is not an OB but there are some OB docs I could see in the same practice. Should I begin taking a fertility supplement? If so which ones? Has anyone had any luck with certain supplements? And should I make an appointment with a Dr or is it too soon?? I have been taking prenatal vitamins since we have been TTC. If there is a problem I am almost certain it is me. My husband is a normal and healthy 29 yr old. I was planning on finding a fertility supplement blend and trying it for a few months, and then if that doesn't help to go to the Dr.

Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!! :)

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I would say visit the dr and see if a HSG and SA makes sense at some point. Although you are not yet 35 it is a good idea to be proactive. Things can drag on.
In terms of supplements, Vit B6 can lengthen your lp, so can Vitex. Myo inositol in combination with Melatonin is excellent to boost fertility, so is ubiquinol. If you decide to take B6 take it in a Vit B6 complex formula as vitamins don't work in isolation.
I wouldn't go overboard with vitamins but essentials are Vit D, your prenatal Vit. Also make sure you are getting enough iron - iron deficiency is linked to infertility. All in all, eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with lots of dark green leafy vegetables, healthy oils found in fishoil, flax oil, olive oil, avocados, nuts, orange vegetables, fruits, healthy proteins, etc and you should be in good shape. Limiting sugar, dairy and wheat is also a good idea. Best wishes and hoping you will get pregnant soon.

8 years ago

Thank you!! :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies - has anyone heard of taking Royal Jelly to improve egg health if you are TTC? I have ordered some as well as ubiquinol (active form of coQ10). I should add a vitamine D after reading this...but how much should you take?

Thanks all!

8 years ago

i just ordered fertilaid it has vitex in it

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo