Community post

Discussion

Journey Conceiving #1

I just want to hear about everyone's story, adventures, hardships, excitement on ttc their first child. We all have our own hardships and we are all in different places and have different experiences but we all have the same goal. So how long has it been for you, what are somethings you have tried, any new plans.... =] Good luck and Baby dust to all!!

I am 25 years old me and my husband have been trying for 17 months, he is military so its been a little harder dealing with moves and not seeing him all the time. About 3 months ago we have settled in and he wont be leaving at all for the next 4 years so we are very lucky that will have this time together. I recently went to see my doctor and get started on fertility tests because my periods are irregular and it shouldn't take this long. Husband was checked out and everything is fine. I got labs and an ultrasound done. So far everything is normal EXCEPT my prolactin was possibly elevated to 26.6 (norm is 4-23). Ultrasound was fine. So i retested the prolactin yesterday and waiting for the result. This past month we tried preseed as well. Next is to just keep doing the work ups, try not to symptom spot, and remain hopeful. The holidays arent helping the "dont stress" thing i am working on. My journey continues. I am very emotional lately as all my firends have babies...and i just think about the day we get pregnant and i cry....lol so sensitive...

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

That is great news that your dh will be around for 4 years I know how it feels to try and not worry. It's tough. Especially when friends/family are getting pregnant and having babies.

Here's my story:

I am 24 years old (25 next month), and happily engaged to my partner. We have been TTC for 2 years and 3 months (this is our 31st cycle).

I have had the usual blood tests (all normal) and my oh is all good with his swimmers. We are in the fertility clinic on the 20th of January (2 days before my birthday) so we will see what the next steps are then. I expect a HSG dye test will be on the cards first. I had a laparoscopy in January of this year to remove endometriosis which went well. Nothing abnormal apart from endo was mentioned to me then.

We originally started TTC with OPK's and the usual vitamins. After a year I stopped using OPK's, stopped testing during our 2WW and just continued taking the vitamins myself. This cycle we have started really using everything available to us; OPK's, tracking BBT and CM, fertility vitamins, evening primrose oil, baby aspirin and pre-seed.

Another weird thing, is that I have this weird knack for guessing the birthdates of babies. For example, the last one I guessed was my sister-in-laws pregnancy, she was due mid to late October 2014, but I said no, you'll have her on the 29th September (I told her this specific date when she was roughly 20 weeks). The 28th of September rolls around and she goes into labour, with my little niece born on the 29th. So anyway, this has happened the past three times with me guessing an exact date correctly. Recently, I have been seeing 10/10 everywhere! And this is how it starts, but I don't know anyone close to me that is pregnant, so I thought, hmmm could it be me? I looked into my future cycles and not this cycle but my next cycle (starting Jan 4th 2016) would end in a due date of 10th of October!! So fingers crossed

TTC #1 since August '13. 44th cycle started 8th January '17. Currently in the process of an IVF cycle. 9 eggs collected 23rd January '17. 1 egg fertilised and looking at putting this fighter back on 25th January '17. www.lifewithendosite.wordpress.com

8 years ago

Kellytorr

Thanks so much for sharing!! I bet it will be you!! Good luck!
My first cycle temping looks like I ovulated so maybe my prolactin levels aren't affecting ovulation .ni have an appt on the 8 th so hopefull I get the dye test done!! I have a feeling this will be our year! :) please update me I am so curious about this knack you have for guessing!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo