Community post

Discussion

Disappearing Positive? Anyone had this before? Ideas?

Ok so here is the full 411. (i know its long but please read and help if you can!!!) My last AF started November 19th and ended the 22nd. Amazingly I ovulated very soon after on the 27th of November (odd for me but my periods have been really off as of late) and had sex like an hour before ovulation. Its really easy for me to tell when I ovulate because I have EXTREMELY painful ovulation (my doctor says that this is abnormal but shouldn't affect my ability to conceive...anyhoo). Since then I have had breast sensitivity, exhaustion, and nausea like nobody's business (even now I can barely type for it being so bad). So far i have been BFN (i test obsessively even though I know its too early for most people). This morning however I was doing one of those dollar store red dye tests and as soon as I put the urine on the strip I got a very faint positive! I was so excited I could barely breathe. I just started crying and shaking and generally freaking out. I got out my camera to take a pic. for posterity and my hands were shaking so bad it took me like two minutes to get my phone to work right...then when I went to take a pic. the line was gone...it was just gone...I can't even describe how soul crushing that was...I went to the store and got a Blue Dye EPT that came back negative (but it wasn't early morning pee so I don't know)...my questions are as follows? Has anyone seen this before? What does it mean? Should I be expecting AF on the 11th or the 17th? Thanks!

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

HEY,
IT HAPPENED TO ME THIS MORNING. AT 9AM, I USED A FRER FROM THE DOLLAR STORE.. AS SOON AS THE URINE HIT THE WINDOW, THE FIRST LINE POPPED UP.. !!!! I'M 6DPO AND HAD ICI ON DEC.2ND and 3RD, THE SAME DAY I OVULATED I WAS SO NERVOUS , I JUMPED UP AND RAN TO THE OTHER TO SHOW MY PARTNER AND IT DISAPPEARED!!! I KNOW WHAT I SAW HUT EXPLAINING IT MAKES ME SEEM LIKE I'M CRAZY AND BABY CRAZY AT THAT! I BELIEVE YOU :)

8 years ago

Thanks I appreciate that!

8 years ago • Post starter

That sucks. I've had this happen. I think that's why they say not to check tje test before 3 mins. Fx for you!

8 years ago

Depending on the brand, that's happened to me a few times, especially with first response six days sooner. Now I pee on them (or dip), and immediately put them in the cupboard in the bathroom for a few minutes before looking!

I also had a chemical pregnancy in November, really only got one positive, then the lines got lighter and lighter, and disappeared... So devastating!

Good luck!

8 years ago

Yes it's happened to me with the new frer. So I never get excited till after 6 min

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo