Community post

Discussion

Hubby had secret Vasectomy...help..

So I've spent years trying to conceive with my husband. I have two biological children and had no problem getting pregnant. I did fertility appointments with ultra sounds, ink tests, and normal check ups trying to find out what was wrong with me to find out my husband had a secret vasectomy years before. We had a fight and he did it without talking with anyone. He had acted weird for years not going to appointments, and not getting tested. He lied to our last counselor. Said he threw away an at home test, and had a friend send in sperm to a lab.
I am having a hard time with this on so many levels. I still want a child, and I know you can reverse a V. Do I want to make it work. We just adopted a girl last august as well...thoughts? Advice?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Gosh, idk.... that's a big lie and a big deceit! I don't think I would ever be able to trust my husband ever again.... He should have just been honest with u, instead he chose to lie to you!

Mill

9 years ago

My ex husband did something similar. Only he didn't get away with it for nearly as long. We had been married two years. I wanted children right away and he didn't. When I got pregnant with our son he threatened to divorce me. He said I purposely got pregnant despite his wishes to wait. Once he got over the initial shock, I thought everything was cool, but that was just the beginning. The entire pregnancy, he acted like an ass. Feeling the baby kick was less than thrilling. He could care less about my OB appointments. I was so frustrated. When the baby was six to eight weeks old, I checked our answering machine and there was a message from a urologist's office making sure my ex was okay after his "procedure." Out of concern, I asked him if what was wrong, and he confessed. He had no intention of telling me. None.

As stated above, he is now my EX-husband. I did stay for several more years but I couldn't trust him. You just don't get to make decisions about our family into your own hands like that. Not to mention how he took the coward's way out by keeping it from me. Take what you will from this story. If I had it to do all over again, I would have left sooner.

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

9 years ago

This "man" who is supposed to love you stood right next to you for years as you struggled with your "secondary infertility" and never said a word. He watched the whole time, knowing exactly what was wrong, and he was and IS too selfish to care. He heard you cry, he watched you use this website, he paid for the pregnancy tests you've probably taken every month for years, and he could have at any time told you about his mistake (that he made in anger but is fixable with a reversal) and begged for your forgiveness, but he chose not to. On top of that, he ADOPTED A CHILD WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU "CAN'T HAVE YOUR OWN?!?!" This "man" is a f*cking monster and you need to get as far away from him as soon as possible!!! Your problem right now ISN'T that you want to have a baby. Your problem is being married to the SOB that never did and doesn't care if you did. If this "man" will keep this kind of a secret from you and lie to you to this extent, you have to believe that he will lie to you and keep secrets from you about anything and everything else. There is nothing that is sacred to him. I wouldn't waste one more minute of your child-bearing years with this POS. Sorry about what is happening to you. What a crappy day you must be having; I will pray for you.

9 years ago

Jeez this is awful! Id be so so pissed that I'd have to throw him out, soory pet but this is really awful.
I completley agree with the Above poster. Your better than that ans most likely you'll meet someone else and u can still have a baby prob very quickly too!! your in my prayers hun.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo