Community post

Discussion

Spotting, not sure what it could be from

My husband and I are TTC again this month and really buckled down to make sure we "baby danced" (I love that word, LOL) enough times before I ovulated. So according to my information online and the OPK test I took, I should have ovulated on November 26th. Right now I am at 8 DPO or cycle day 27. My periods always start 32 days apart, starting either between the 8th-10th of each month. Knowing that, I should not start my next period until the 10th of December which is still a good six days away.

Three days ago at 5 DPO (this occurred later in the night), I started noticing this brown spotting which was on and off until today. It was enough to stain my underwear but wasn't heavy as my periods normally are. Today I didn't have any spotting until later tonight when it started up again. This time however it started as bleeding and then turned brown. Never in my life have I ever experienced something so strange as this! I'm a little confused as to what this could be as my period is not supposed to start until next Thursday. When I saw the blood I thought well, I'm out, I guess my period decided to start six days early. But then when I used the bathroom again and it had stopped, I became very confused.

Any idea as to what this could be?

TTC since 2015

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo