Community post

Discussion

Long luteal phase ... 18dpo

Hi girls some help needed ... I ovulated (using otk) on cd 15 and now I'm on 18dpo and still no period! Everywhere I read it says luteal phase 12-16! I had 12 days last month. Negative tests very confused :/

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

If ur LP was 12 days last cycle, it won't go to 18 this cycle unless u are pregnant. The variance in luteal length is +/- 1-2 days, unless of course ur on meds. If ur only using opk's to foresee a potential ovulation, there's no way to know ur exact dpo or if u even O'd. Assuming u did O and aren't pregnant, I would assume it wasn't cd15 like ur thinking.
I suggest reading up on how to take bbt (if u don't already know all that jazz) and do it when/if ur next cycle starts. Then u will be able to say with some certainty that u did O on cdx and know how long ur LP is.

Unfortunately ur just gonna have to wait this one out!
Good luck! =))

8 years ago

So there's a chance that even using a kit that you may not ovulate even if it shows peak?

8 years ago • Post starter

Absolutely! The opk's only look for the surge, they can't confirm when/if ovulation has taken place. That's the problem with just using that method.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo