Community post

Discussion

May have ovulated late???

This is my first cycle off of birth control in over seven years, so I didnt really remember what my signs and symptoms of ovulation were. I thought I had ovulated right after my period ended and I calculated my dpo's based on that, but for some crazy reason, on CD 19 I decided to take an OPK and it was positive. The next morning my tempurature had spiked like I had ovulated, and now it's climbing higher than it's been so far. No dip like you would expect when you're about to start. Now my BBT chart is telling me I may have ovulated on cycle day 19 so today I would actually be 8 dpo. My AF was due yesterday or today but so far no sign our symptoms. I know that it can take a few cycles to regulate after getting off birth control, but with all the other things, I'm just s little confused. The reason I took the OPK was because I was having strong pregnancy symptoms like bloating, pinching, cramping and discomfort but i wad only getting BFN's. Now I'm wondering if those might have been signs that my body was trying to ovulate for the first time in 7 years.Lol. I'd pretty much decided I was out this month but now I'm playing the waiting game again. I'm kinda hoping my AF just shows up so I can start the process over again and actually have a clue what's going on this time. Any advice?

User Image

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Sorry, correction, I took the OPK and think I ovulated on cycle day 21. That's why I think it was kinda late. Thanks.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

It is very possible that you have ovulated on CD 19 or 21. I came off of birth control last august, and I have had several cycles where I have ovulated that late. It is very normal, especially since you are just now coming off of birth control. I recommend the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" - it gives a lot of great information on your cycle, bbt charting, etc.

9 years ago

Great! Thanks so much. I'll look into it. Still no sign of my AF. I'm going to wait a few more days to test. I just started charting in the last two weeks so my next cycle will be my first full chart cycle. My temp is still staying high so fingers crossed. Thanks again.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo