Community post

Discussion

Are you using the Shettles Method?

The Shettles Method is a child conception idea that is reputed to help determine a baby's sex. For example: To have a boy, insemination should occur as close as possible to the moment of ovulation so that the faster, Y-sperm arrive first and achieve conception, according to the theory. When seeking a girl, the couple should have sex 2½ to 3 days before ovulation.
Do you believe in this? Did you practice this method?Please tell me your experiences..

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I believed it and tried it for a few months then decided maybe if I wasnt so damn picky, I could get pregnant faster. That didnt work either! Anyways, when I finally DID get my bfp, I knew it was a boy. I had sex the evening before O and afternoon of. Once baby was big enough to scan a heart rate, it sat at 143...under 160 is supposed to be a boy. I felt EXACTLY like I did when I was pregnant with my son, no sickness or symptoms of any kind, low beta hCG numbers...still stickin' with the "its a boy" theory. 19wks along, doctor does a quick gender scan so I dont go insane with wonder....GIRL!

I still kinda believe in the Shettles method, it makes sense and isnt 100%. I guess I just never thought I would be the 10-15% that would have the opposite gender of his theory, esp when it took so long to get my 20% chance of pregnancy in that cycle. All-in-all, it was a huge surprise and very welcomed...we were hoping for a girl, just gave up on trying to make that happen. Its worth a try tho!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo