Community post

Discussion

trying to conceive after ectopic pregnancy x

Hello everyone, I recently had an ectopic pregnancy at 6 + 2 weeks, had to have emergency surgery to remove pregnancy and my left tube, this was ten days ago so still recovering but very anxious to try again, any one on a similar path or struggling to conceive with one tube e, any help, advice etc is most welcome xx

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I had the same thing happen to me 10 years ago. The doctor told me it will be more difficult getting pregnant . I got pregnant 8 weeks later. I had a healthy baby girl. Good luck:)

10 years ago

Aww thats so good, im just glad its not all doom and gloom, hopefully I do the same 8 weeks woukd be fab , wishful thinking but thank you for replying xx

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi, I am currently recovering from an tubal pregnancy myself. I had also had emergency surgery a week ago. How are you feeling? I am anxious to try again but remember we must let our bodies heal. =) my dr told me we can start trying again in 2-3 months.

10 years ago

Apart from the physical side where my wound has an infection as stitches didnt desolve so everything a bit tender again, im terrified to try again, but curious to see if I can, terrified if I can will it be ectopic again, my heads all over the place with it, really would like one more baby the thought of endless monthly testing wilk I wont I be able to is seriously scary, but I am going to try and hopefully not drive myself nuts in the process, how are you, its a terrible thing to go through it all just happens so quick one minute your expecting and excited next your in paun and there saying the words operation and today, dont think it seriously sunk in that im no longer pregnant its seriously hard having a perfectly healthy growing baba that got stuck in the wrong place it just seems so unfair xx

10 years ago • Post starter

Had ectopic last July , had iud in. Since then I have been pregnant twice, miscarrying my second now. Hoping to try again soon. At least I know I can still catch the egg with one tube. Hang in there, the recovery was rough for me but it gets better.

10 years ago

I had surgery for an ectopic in March and they had to take my right tube. My doctor said there was no waiting period and we could start trying again as soon as we were ready. I waited one cycle so I had something to go off of plus I didn't feel 100% for about 2-3 weeks following the surgery. My first period came exactly 31 days after the surgery and I had no pain and it was actually shorter than normal. This month I've been having mild pain on my right side since 7dpo, I'm 12dpo and still having this dull pain. Has anyone else have this pain?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo