Community post

Discussion

Could it be a chemical pregnancy??

Hello all!

I've been reading in this community for a while, and this is my first post.

I am 28 years old and have pcos and my hubby is healthy. we have been trying for a year with the fertility doctor and this is my third iui.

I won't bother you with too much history. my current situation is:
I had an IUI with Femara and trigger shot and started progesterone gel 2 days after iui. I took hpt days 13, 15,17 dpo (after the IUI). and they all came out negative.
at 15 dpo I had my period (or what I thought it was a period). the first day it was brown and light, the second day it was heavier and brownish red. it continued like that for 2 days and I even had some blood clots (sorry for the icky info!).

yesterday (19 dpo) I went to my fertility clinic for a baseline ultrasound to start my injectables cycle (super ovulation) at the same day. My doctor requested some blood tests. the weird thing is that I came out pregnant!!! my hcg level=36.8

when my nurse called me with the news I was choked I did not believe her. and went immediately and took a hpt and it was very faint positive.

the bad news is that given how far I am in this pregnancy, my hcg level is low.

My dr said to come back 2 days after and have another hcg test. and see from there.

I am still spotting. sometimes brown and sometimes it is red.

I took a hpt this morning (20 dpo) and it was faint positive.

I am so confused and worried
I really appreciate your input and thoughts :(
am I really pregnant?
does that mean I will have a miscarriage?

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi, I am praying that everything turns out for you! It is hard to say what is going on. Just hope for the best :)

10 years ago

I think if it's red blood there is a chance it could be mc or chemical. But wait to see what the numbers do. It's not the number but whether or not it rises that matters.

10 years ago

hi ,

ive just read your story and i can relate to you situation on levels, i had a period this month, well what i thought was a period, i started on the 5/04/14 3days late of due date , it lasted till the 10/04/14 and then i stopped for a day then on the 12/04/14 i had light pink /brown spotting, something told me to do a test and i did and it came back with a light positive, i cant help but think, have i had a miscarriage or am i really pregnant and it was ib bleeding? i had a misscarriage back ion july 2013 at 8 weeks, and have been trying since then to get pregnant again , and im scared im getting my hoped up, would be lovely to speak to others in the same situatuion or if anyone has any advise?

have you heared any more, how is the pregnancy going?

thanks x

10 years ago

Hi there!
Thank u all for the answers. Well, it turned out that my pregnancy was very weak and my hcg level was the same the second time they tested (no change) my doctor suspected an ectopic pregnancy. So i went back 3 days after for a third test and it came down to 16 (thank God) which eleminates the possibility of being an ectopic. I had a m/c around that time.

How things went with u Kayle? Did u go to ur dr and had hcg level done?

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo