Community post

Discussion

New to charting ... Help plz?

Hi all, this is my second cycle charting. I was diagnosed with PCOS on 4/20 and take 2000mg of Metformin daily. Last cycle (first cycle on Metformin) I got my period on May 10th - making it a 25 day cycle.

Looking at my last chart I could see when I ovulated. Looking at this one I *think* I can see the temp shift but am not sure because it's on cd7 and that seems wrong and way too early to me.

The past two days, today including I feel how I normally feel when I ovulate. Sore back, sore chest, ovary pain. So I'm stumped!

Can you ladies look at my chart and share your thoughts? I could swear I ovulated where I see the only major temp spike.

Just trying to figure out if I'm more dpo than I thought!

Any help is much appreciated! Happy Memorial Day!

Me (26), Hubbs (25) | TTC #1 since 2014 +Diagnosed with PCOS 4/20/2015 | +2,000mg Metformin

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

*Bump*
Anyone, please?

Me (26), Hubbs (25) | TTC #1 since 2014 +Diagnosed with PCOS 4/20/2015 | +2,000mg Metformin

8 years ago • Post starter

How are you temping? Are you temping at the same time everyday? Your chart looks a little erratic. Especially the recent temp drop. If you'r temping orally that could be the reason. I know it sounds yucky but I started temping vaginally when someone told me I would see a more stable pattern. And the difference was amazing..... orally it can change when you sleep with your mouth open and so on! Your chart doesn't look to me like it's very accurate. I don't think it was cd 7, that is very early for ovulation. Did you use opks to help. If you get a positive opk, you sort of have an idea when to look for the thermal shift. The shift would happen 24-48 hrs after a positive ovulation test. But just because you get no positive doesn't mean that you don't Ovulate, that's why it's good to use them together. Also remember, temping can only verify that you ovulated, while an ovulation test will tell you that ovulation is coming. So again the system of using both works well!

Mill

8 years ago

Hi,
THANK YOU for replying! I temp orally - and yes, at the same time every day. I thought something was wrong because it was SO nuts! I have PCOS and was told that OPKs don't help much. I had the Clearblue Digital OPKs last month and they sucked so I stopped doing them.

This is a weird question, but how am I supposed to temp vaginally? Nobody has ever suggested this to me, nor have I heard about doing BBT this way. I'd love to see a more steady chart!

You are so right about sleeping with your mouth open, etc. you just never know.

We're ttc #1 and this process of BBT is already exhausting...suggestions?

Me and my hubby have also been trying for our first for 2yrs! The metformin could be helping the pcos and would definately start trying a cheaper opk! I buy the ones from dollar tree or the equate brand from walmart! Just insert the thermometer about halfway up there! Lol ..... my husband gives me a hard time bc he knows now that my thermometer by my bed is not for him! Lol it really wouldn't hurt to try a cheap opk. I tried the smiley face ones and I hated them. A bunch of money for nothing....

Mill

8 years ago

My husband religiously retrieves my BBT thermometer from the bathroom each morning so I can do my temp when I wake up. What a nice hubby :) Mine will make fun of me even more when I tell him I need to take it a different way...lol. Men don't get it!

Are you on Metformin? It has transformed my cycle from 60 days to 25 in just four weeks but its a killer --- I feel like I hate food when I'm on it. I gave myself a 2 day break this weekend just because I was sooooo sick of the bathroom effects. I'm back on it now tho and it came back with a vengeance!

I will have to find some cheap OPKs. Our dollar trees in the area don't sell HPT's or OPK's anymore! Bummer! I thought the Clearblue was a great brand and I liked the idea of seeing a "smiley" or not for clear reading but they SUCKED. I did a stick each morning and they fade so fast and all this blue dye would seem thru. I tried contacting Clearblue thinking it was a bad batch but they don't list their customer service e-mail or chat! I've called twice and never got a return call! :(

I gave up initially on the OPKs just because the Clearblue were pricey! $40 for the reader and sticks and they worked for crappers :/ Maybe I can find them cheap on Amazon or something...who knows!

I have been temping (or apparently trying to lol) for two cycles now and according to my Ovia app (HIGHLY recommend!! Ovuline. com) its free - and according to that I can take a HPT in 8 days. Excited, but doubtful haha.

I will switch the BBT method and hope it makes a more stable chart! I was told OPKs are useless when you have PCOS so I figured to rely on temping...sigh. This can be so frustraiting - in HS they tell you that you have sex and BAM pregnant...we all know that's BS lol.

Do you use softcup at all while ttc? We do; and it's definitely helped I think.

Sorry for the rant, lol.

Aweee! What a good husband! And no rant away! I have taken metformin! They suspected pcos with elevated free testosterone and that other male hormone I can't think of right now. But my ultrasound was good! No cysts.... I do have unwanted facial hair around the chin area and belly. They gave me metformin anyway and said it wouldn't hurt. I was taking 2 a day at 500 mg and had no issues? I was expecting tummy issues and I had none, which made me think it wasn't doing anything anyway. I have always had fairly normal periods 29 -33 days, but taking the metformin they were religiously at 28 and 29 days, Ovulation on day 14 or 15. Without it O ranges from cd17-cd21.... I dunno I think I need to get another prescription and try it again. I really had no tummy issues! I'm just terrible at taking a pill everday... August it will be two years! I've taken 4 rounds of clomid with no luck. I now have a prescription for femara which I'm gonna try after a few months of taking nothing. My body needs a break!

Mill

8 years ago

I hear you there! I was diagnosed on 4/20. I have been experiencing irregular cycles for a year and that was the flag for me. Not really any other symptoms. I have Metformin now and lately I have been hating it. Totally skipped it this morning because I feel sicker than a dog! Nasty/metal taste in mouth and sooo nauseous. Fingers crossed, but dang it sucks!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo