Community post

Discussion

Anyone not have a positive for a long time? Very confused.

I feel stupid. I've never been pregnant or even had a scare. I wasn't trying, but not against it. I am on the pill and pretty good about taking it but not perfect. This last cycle I really thought I was pregnant. I had a lot of the signs. Around 9-10 dpo I was very, very tired. Felt the twinges and tingles, dull cramps, felt a stretching feeling, headaches, sensitive nipples, vivid dreams, lightheaded and having hot flashes and chills, felt moist down there, and the weirdest was I was very, very thirsty (which I normally don't drink much). And this was all about a week before my period, which usually doesn't happen. Usually the only symptoms I have are very mild cramps a few hours before I start. My friend is currently pregnant and she said it all sounded just like what happened to her.

But then I started my period, and it was pretty normal, as far as I could tell. And a lot of those symptoms went away. I continued taking tests every few days just to check (and because I had already bought them), but all have been negative. I never noticed a clot or anything that would indicate I miscarried. I'm now 30 dpo (if I would've become pregnant) and still negative, but I'll still have some random symptoms. Like some dull cramps, twinges, and now my breasts are sore under my arms.

I've researched if you can still have normal "periods" and still be pregnant. Or if you can still have negative results for a long time. And I've read stories of people not getting a positive result until they were months along. And an acquaintance says she had a normal seeming "period" the entire length of her pregnancy.

Has anyone experienced something like this or know someone who has? I know I'm probably not pregnant at this point, but with all these weird symptoms I can't seem to get it out of my head. Something is just off. Any similar stories or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo