Community post

Discussion

EPO, PreSeed, Royal Jelly, Soy Isoflavone, Vitamin E, Vitex

Hi all....

I really want to up my chances of conceiving this month...and there are so many things that ladies are taking! Instead of spending hours researching every single item...I thought I would ask you all for insight. Also if we could put everything into one post maybe it would save other ladies time too.

1.) Royal Jelly Bee Pollen- what is it, when do you take it and how often do you take/consume it?

2.) Vitex- I've read that this is used to regulate your cycle...so if you have a normal cycle then you shouldn't take this correct? Also for those out there that might need to know...what are the directions for use?

3.) Vitamin B6- I've read people take this after ovulating until AF or BFP. What dosage? What is it used for?

4.) Vitamin E- How does this help with fertility? When do you take it etc?

5.) PreSeed- what on earth is this? From what I've read its an egg white like substance that you insert vaginally? Help???

6.) Evening Promise Oil- You take from CD1 thru Ovulation correct? What is it taken for? Dosage etc...

7.) Soy Isoflavone- Taken in the beginning of the cycle...to increase your EWCM right? What days/dosages?

8.) Soft Cups- looks like a diaphragm you insert into your Vagina that cups your cervix to hold sperm in?

9.) Raspberry Tea Leaves- when do you take this...is it in a pill or is it a drink?

Any help from you experts out there would be amazing!!

ME-31 DH-37 TTC 6 years Feb 2006- Natural pregnancy m/c 9 weeks 2010- 3 cycles with Clomid/IUI- Nov2011- Lap- Stage 1 Endo, Uterine Septum, Ovarian Cyst & Left Tube blocked Feb2012 & Apr2012- FSH + IUI- IVF # 1: BCP/Lupron, Menopur and Follistim No Frosties 12dpt- 14dpt- Beta 30 16dpt- Beta 24 Chemical Pregnancy IVF#2: BCP, Menopur, Follistim

10 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

I can't help with most of these but here's a few:

B6: meant to increase your luteal phase. If your luteal phase (ovulation to 1st day of AF is less than 10 days you will have trouble getting pregnant. Start taking B6 right as AF ends and take it until AF starts again or you BFP. Becareful with this those because excessive amounts, +200 mg/day can actually cause problems for you and your baby related to the nervous system

http://www.epinions.com/kifm-review-1E5E-64B24F5-3A2B30C4-prod1

Preseed: You shouldn't use normal lubrication because it's not friendly to sperm. Preseed claims to be sperm friendly so it won't kill them. Unless you have an abnormally low amount of CM, this isn't needed and won't actually help you get BFP. It is just safe to use as most other brands aren't.

User Image

12 years ago

Hi rfeller!

Ok

1. Royal Jelly. I tried it this month. It is supposed to help you produce a better egg. You take it only from CD1 to O.

2. Vitex. I tried it a year or so ago for about 4 months and saw no improvment (i have pcos). It has worked for others though. DO NOT take this herb while taking Clomid or Soy Isoflavones. I honestly cant remember the directions for it but i remember having to take 3 capsules a day with meals...

3. B6. This is used to lengthen the luteal phase (the time after ovulation). Women with a luteal phase defect (10 days or less) do not have adequate time for the fertilized egg to implant so they take B6 to help.

4. Vitamin E. From everything ive read and heard, this is mainly to help with a man's sperm. It does help with the endocrine system in women though.

5. PreSeed. I love this stuff. Its a personal lubricant that you can buy at most Walgreens (its next to the KY). Unlike most lubricants, Preseed lubricates and protects sperm! I know of quite a few ladies who got pregnant their first time using this. It is great if you are taking clomid or soy because they dry you out. And if you have hostile CM this will help the spermies. Oh and its not like egg whites, its just like a normal lubricant.

6. EPO. I really like EPO. It gives you essential fatty acids and helps you to produce tons of EWCM (which is very important for sperm). DO NOT exceed 3,000 mg a day. I take 1,000 mg a day and it works wonders. Only take it between CD1 and O because it can cause uterine contractions. you can switch to flaxseed after O so you can still get the same fatty acids.

7. Soy Isoflavones. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. This is clomid's step sister. IT makes you ovulate (and on the contrary acctually dries up CM, just like clomid). You take it just as you do clomid for 5 days ONLY (CDs 3-7 worked best for me) and it pretty much gives you the same result. Except whatever dose you want to take comid you double it for soy (example: you want to take 50 mg of clomid so you would take 100 mg of soy). I dont ovulate on my own and my Dr. wont prescribe me clomid so this has been a life saver for me. It is NOT recommended if you have a regular cycle and ovulate normally. DO NOT think that just because its a herb it is safe! Just like Clomid, it can cause ovarian hyperstimulation. BE very careful if you decide to take this and know the warning signs of O.H.

8. Soft cups. These are great. You just insert them in after sex to hold sperm in. (it is normall to have some "leakage" after inserting them in, but you probably got the majority of sperm) They are very helpful if you have hostile CM because you can just bypass all that. Some women even lubricate the soft cups with Preseed.

9. Raspberry Leaf Tea. Not a fan. This stuff doesnt taste all that great to me. Its supposed to tone your uterus and make you fertile but i have read that it can actually cause miscarriage...

Some other things to look into are Maca Root and Licorice Root. I havent tried them yet and im still doing research on them, but if i dont get pregnant soon I will give them a shot.

Hope this help. Praying you get your BFP soon!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

NurseJones29- you're amazing! Thank you so much for all the info. I did a little bit of research too on my own. When I was ttc before and going through fertility treatments I took Clomid for 3 months. I'm interested to see if the Soy Isoflavones has the same effect.

I'm a firm believer in moderation...so I would start out very low on the dosage of Soy Isoflavones and if it doesn't work up next month and then again the following. That is what my doctor did with the clomid. I believe I started with 50mg, then 100mg and then 150 if I remember correctly.

I thought for some reason that the Vitamin B6 is to help increase CM quantity and quality. I didn't know it lengthens the luteal phase. I have a pretty normal cycle so I'm unsure if I will need to take this. I'll have to do some research b/c if it does increase the quality of your CM I don't want to miss it...but if it lengthens your luteal phase I wouldn't want to have to wait an extra couple of days for AF if I don't conceive.

I will also look into the Maca Root and Licorice Root...thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

ME-31 DH-37 TTC 6 years Feb 2006- Natural pregnancy m/c 9 weeks 2010- 3 cycles with Clomid/IUI- Nov2011- Lap- Stage 1 Endo, Uterine Septum, Ovarian Cyst & Left Tube blocked Feb2012 & Apr2012- FSH + IUI- IVF # 1: BCP/Lupron, Menopur and Follistim No Frosties 12dpt- 14dpt- Beta 30 16dpt- Beta 24 Chemical Pregnancy IVF#2: BCP, Menopur, Follistim

12 years ago • Post starter

This is a great thread, thanks for starting it! but I have two more to add:

Green tea - how much and why?

and cough syrup - I know why - it's to increase EWCM, but again, how much, when, and what is the key ingredient to look out for?

Thanks ladies

12 years ago

wOw I just learned a ton and I've been here for like two months lol. Thank you Nurse Jones!

Okay, rfeller..a FUN book to read while you are TTC that I recommend to eveyone is called How To Choose The Sex Of Your Baby while you are trying to conceive or not.
You can get it for free from your local library!

Dr. Shettles was the first doctor to tell a difference..that there were in fact two types of sperm XX and XY female and male sperm, and also he ran tests in his lab to see which ones were faster, stronger, and lived longer..

In his book he talks about ways to conceive too, like the use of cough syrups (though I recommend Mucinex with the guaifenesen as the active ingredient!
I got pregnant with my second little one using that.

He also talks about how to tell ovulation and so on.
There is A TON of interesting info in there for all ladies TTC

and keep us updated!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Ahah = guaifenesen it is then, thanks Butterfly. not sure I can get that here (Mexico) certainly haven't seen mucinex...

But in case I can, how often do you take it and when?

I'm going to try everything I can this month! :-)

12 years ago

Soy isoflavones help with egg production/quality helping ovulation issues. EPO is suppose to help with cm and helping to make the vaginal canal ore sperm friendly.
Something I did and it may sound strange but trust me it is AMAZING! I was on cd 93 yesterday and was desperate to get things rolling again so I can get another TTC cycle started. VAGI-STEAM! I boiled a big pot of water. After removing it from the heat, I threw in dried basil and oregano ( said to help bring on menses) and let it steep 10. Then I usedy daughters old potty, the reservoir out and poured in the mixture. I wrapped a blanket around my waist, squated over the steam for 20min. I started my period this morning

User Image

10 years ago

******IF YOU ARE SUGGGESTING SOMETHING NEW.....put a number next to it so we know its not a follow up or update. I know I love updates, but when this thread gets long, I'll want to be able o quickly scan through to pick up any morsel without going through it all.

1) I've herd of accupuncture working. They have also done studies on IVF success rates and the chances just about doubled for the acupuncture patients. I have an appointment in January for this. They say it is also good to avoid miscarriages and stress. I'm freaked out by needles, but willing to try anything for baby.

2) Don't let your feet get cold! Blood circulated to uterus from feet, so want it to be a hospitable place for baby to latch on. I'll start soaking mine each night and wearing socks 24x7 this cycle.

3) There is also the Egg Meets Sperm plan that seems easy enough to follow for people just starting out. Or maybe that's sperm meets egg?

4) Femoral massage or fertility massage is suppose to be good for you too in order to increase blood flow. Can be done at home. YouTube videos are available.

Trying soy iso and BBT this month. Was using OPKs for a while now. That's all I got for now. Will post more as I find it. Lets keep this going!

User Image

10 years ago

If you click on start a new cycle on here, it asks what you are trying this cycle. There might be some ideas on there for things to try.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo