Community post

Discussion

At-Home Insemination

I didn't see this topic anywhere, hope I didn't miss it. I'm just curious if any ladies here have tried the At-home insemination process? I have a read a little bit about it lately, and DH and I were going to do IUI soon. But of course insurance doesn't cover and it can be pricey. I'm thinking about doing this at home a few times to see what happens, and then move on to IUI if need be.

If you have any success stories, or ideas...Please let me know! :) Thanks a bunch.

DH & I have been TTC # 1 for almost 7 years.

1 Reply • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi, my partner and I just did an at home insemination on the 11th and 12th of Oct. We had planned the process for so long and had been prepared to do IUIs up until about 3 weeks before ovulation. Some issues arose with the OB office not being open on weekends, evening etc. so we decided to just do it at home because my ovulations are often on the weekends or in the middle of the night. It was fantastic and much, much easier than I thought. It was comfortable, and you could control when and how you did it, and I was able to rest for two hours comfortably after each insemination (we did 3). I even felt my ovulation, and we did one of the inseminations one hour after I felt the sharp pain. I am currently 10 dpo and have been feeling a ton of symptoms that I never expected to feel like cramps and sore breasts much earlier than I normally feel for oncoming period. This was the first cycle we've tried, and I don't have other children, so unfortunately I can't offer a success story at this time, but I am SO happy we started at home rather than the doctor's office. We'll move to IUI later if need be...Good luck to you!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo