Community post

Discussion

Encouragement, Please

Hi, there ladies! This is a bit of a rant, but I'm beginning to become so discouraged, and could definitely use some words of wisdom. My significant other and I conceived our son the cycle right after I miscarried. Those were our first two months trying to conceive, and we got pregnant both times. Now, three years later we have decided to add another little one to our family. We have been actively trying for 6 months, and I feel so defeated. I'm currently 9-ish dpo, and CD 25. I have a 28 day cycle, so my luteal phase is approx. 11 days. I'm really not sure what we could be doing differently this time around that is making it harder for us to conceive. The only thing I can think of is that we may be b.d.ing too much... is that even possible? If any of you have any advice, tips, or your own experience to share, please do. Thank you!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I think in 3+ years TTC, I can say with certainty that you can be doing EVERYTHING right and still not get that BFP! I think that is one of the toughest things to realize from month to month. It took a long time, with test after test, failed cycled after failed cycle and breakdown after breakdown for it to happen for me. I don't even know why it was finally my time. I resigned myself to having to pour money into procedures I couldn't afford or giving up for good. I didnt have any past history to explain my issues so I had to wait until the year mark to start testing. Took 2 years and I had various tests, ultrasounds and procedures and it took one small polyp removal and a month where I wasn't trying!

The positives is that you have gotten pregnant twice so your body knows what to do!!! Maybe this time it just is taking a bit longer. I know this is easy for me to say and not always easy to do but try not to worry too much about it taking longer this time. How are your cycles? Pretty normal? I know your LP is a bit on the shorter side but definitely not short enough to NOT get pregnant. Mine has been 11-12 days and never had an issue although I know some doctors suggest it being higher.

For me, I needed medical intervention and to refocus my energy off TTC and with that combination, it finally worked! You may be defeated but don't give up! Things have a strange way of working out. The day I received my positive I had remarked to a friend that there must be some greater, cosmic reason why I wasn't able to get pregnant and low and behold, less than 5 hours later I was looking at a positive pregnancy test - the first I had seen in my life!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo