Community post

Discussion

Please Read. Just bought a dud batch of purple IC Hpts.

Hi, I really have to warn other compulsive POAS ers to be careful when using the purple handles IC from Ebay.The story goes like this. I am 10 DPO and I am positive I am pregnant ??!!?? I felt it since 3 DPO. After 5 DPO I began to feel really heavy in my pelvis with a feeling of pressure. Then the sides of my breasts started to feel really heavy and sore. Then came the insomnia, nausea beyond belief, sneezing, cramping on and off, lots of creamy mucus and my cervix was (is) really, really high and very soft, and yesterday and today peeing non stop.
Anyway, I ordered a batch of Internet cheapies (with purple handles) from Ebay which had arrived on day 3 PO. I am rather an impatient person and started testing on day 7 PO and to my surprise and excitement, I could see a faint BFP appear with in a minute or two. I tested twice a day (or more) right up until today with similar outcomes. But I could not understand why the lines were not getting any darker. So I thought I would experiment by dipping one of the tests in water and one in Hubby's pee. Well, you guessed it, two lovely but faint BFPs !!!!! In fact, they were a little darker than my lines !!!!!
Moral of the story - beware of the purple handled ICs. I really dont want anyone else to feel my disappointment.
A little update - I bought a pack of 3 FRER and they have all come back with a faint but quite visible BFP ( except for this afternoon - I am hoping that my pee was far too diluted. I have my fingers crossed and will test with a third brand in the morning. Good luck to all you fabulous TTCers.

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Wow, I haven't had that extreme of a time. I ordered a brand off the countdown website called "BFP". So far, not much love from me. I have had 2 positive looking lines (aka evap lines!!) and about 20 BFN. These little suckers are giving me trouble as the one evap line showed up within 5 min. The test calls for a 3-10 minute result window. I'm 2 days late for AF too. I wish you the best of luck in baby dust and whatever you do in life! :) this forum is a few years old but it still works ;)

____User Image____

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo