Community post

Discussion

3 Positive HPTs - but a Negative Urine Test @ Doc's Office??

Has anyone experienced this before? I took my first HPT at 11DPO late afternoon (Sunday), and came back a faint positive. Took another 2 tests at 12DPO with FMU. Both came back faint positives again.

User Image

So I went to the doc to confirm. Took the clinic's urine test, and it came back NEGATIVE???

I'm awaitng blood test results. I'm just confused (and very worried) why i had 3 + HPTs, but a neg one at the doc's. Are their tests less sensitive? The doc assured me their test is very sensiive.

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I've heard that the tests they give at the dr's office aren't as sensitive as the early hpts you can take at home. Maybe your levels weren't high enough for their test to detect yet?.. What were the results of your blood test?

User Image

10 years ago

A doctors test is less sensitive then home pregnancy tests, for example
A doctors tests are usually around 50miu theses tests are made to take on the day you miss your period.
For the home pregnancy tests and dip strips all range from
10miu to 50miu.
The First Response Early test is 25miu when I took this I was only at 8DPO and showed a BFF but the next day I did a Clear Blue Digi test witch are suppose to be more sensitive I got a I am pregnant and I was 1-2 weeks from conception. I went to the doctors my doctor explained that there tests are not made for early testing you are suppose to come in the day you miss your period.
But all home pregnancy tests all tell you you can tests 4-5 days before. I hope this helps

User Image[/url] User Image

10 years ago

I had the SAME thing happen last month!! After 3.5 years we FINALLY got a faint positive on three different brands, I was two weeks late and went to the doc and both blood and urine came back negative. I started bleeding, NOTHING like my period, but to me it seemed "too much" to be implantation. Then this month I got an even stronger test at 6dpo. So we are thinking that it wasn't really my period like the docs think and that I was pregnant last month, the docs just didn't pick it up! I got wed for my OB appt so fingers crossed I find out just how far along I am!! Good luck!! Hopefully its that same situation for yall! That its just too soon for the doctor!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo