Community post

Discussion

2ww Is it all in my head?

Hi,

I have been hiding in the background for a while and tonight I felt I needed to join up and post.
I am 36 and in a nutshell my dh and I started ttc in 2003, after a year of trying we visited the doctors and had all the standard tests, I was prescribe clomid as I wasn't ovulating and conceived dd#1 on the first cycle born Dec 2005.
We began trying for #2 in 2007 and again after 18 months of trying we were referred back to the hospital, took all the tests again, this time my results were different and I was ovulating naturally with a long enough lp. They prescribed a 3 month course of clomid again, just as i worked last time, but nothing. After more tests I was told I suffered from Unexplained Infertility and wouldn't conceive without IVF, this wasn't a possibility for us financially so we just gave up....a month later I was pregnant and dd#2 arrive Jan 2010. I came off bc in Jan 2014, but with the stress we had before we decided that rather than ttc we just just stop trying to not get pregnant if that makes sense?
Well needless to say I am 12dpo of yet another 2ww, AF has been arriving like clockwork every 35 days since I came of bc, but no sign of another baby. I try not to symptom spot but its so hard not to :(
This month since 9dpo I have been nauseous, but not been sick (I had m/s with both my pregnancies), my boobs are enlarged but have had pains in them and my armpits, af type cramps, gas, loose bm and headaches. I dont want to get my hopes up and I know af will arrive in 2 days mocking me for getting my hopes up, I'm sure I am not imagining the nausea or anything else. Sorry for the essay but i feel so down and like i am broken, i love my 2 girls more than anything and I know I have no 'right' to another child...anyone else feel like this or am I just crazy and think too much as I have been told by a family member? Thanks to all who made it to the end xxx

16 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Replies | Last Page

For One, I don't think you're crazy! I mean unless those symptoms can be the norm for PMS for you, then I'd say you were pregnant! I did have normal PMS that felt like I was pregnant every month, which is why is was hard for me to symptom spot, but there are some things that just "stick out" regardless lol, and that's when you know.

I truly hope you are preggers! I will be following to find out the good news

9 years ago

Aww thanks, not normal for me, I normally just get heavy boobs n a monster migraine the day before af, only two days to go I guess :)

9 years ago • Post starter

So been teary all day and cramps now, af due tomorrow so looks like I'm out :(

I don't think that having two kids makes you undeserving of having more. Have you tried taking a HPT?

Good luck!

User Image

9 years ago

Hi

No not yet I think I got my cycles confused a bit and im 14dpo Today so will see if af arrives tomorrow ......am.very tearful last few days so not too hopeful .....thanks for.that...i.have had that said to me by my sister in law x

Af hasn't shown her face yet so maybe im still in xx

Have you taken the test? Good luck!

User Image

9 years ago

hi Helly_79 no not yet I'm scared of the bfn and keep thinking af has come, if she's not here in a few days I will test x

Hey Jojo ... how did you get on?

User Image

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo