Community post

Discussion

Trying to move past the grief

I was so excited when i got several hpt come back with a BFP! I told everyone the good news and my husband was so excited.

Yesterday i spent the whole day in the ER miscarrying. The say the fact that i had lost the baby i had come to love instantly was not enough the pain was a constant reminder of what was happening. While my husband has been absolutely amazing and supportive im not sure he will ever understand what i am going through.

I'm finding myself still exhausted with emotion and very scared about trying again in case it happens again...is this normal?

9 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I feel the exact same way. We were soooo excited. I miscarried in the ER on Thursday/Friday. I feel so sad and emotionally exhusted. I am having a hard timebeing around people and "normal life". I kind of just want the world to stop for a day so I can go though this.

I feel like I want so bad to feel better but I can't. This is a different kind of sad. One I have never felt before. I try to explain to my hubby (who is amazing) but I can't find the right words to make him understand. It is rough.

How far along were you?

User Image

13 years ago

Hey ladies. I am very sorry to hear about your loses. Its never an easy thing. Take each day at a time and rest as much as you can. I miscarried in April 2010 at 9 weeks to what the DR said at 8 weeks looked like twins (he said he saw two sacs). I can only say that it does get easier over time. You never forget but your mind will eventually become at ease. I wish you ladies the best of luck. I hope to hear good things from you all soon. Keep your head up.

*hugs*

User Image

13 years ago

bpope - thanks for the supportive words. THis is a tough thing but maybe today feels just a wee bit brighter....maybe...

k3lsta - I just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling????

User Image

13 years ago

i know the feeling.. i m/c last year.. and the fear it will happen again is always there even though my baby is almost here.. all i can say is that you will never forget.. but don't be afraid on trying again when you are ready... i did and hopefully will meet my daughter in a few weeks.. God bless.

User Image 5/26/10

13 years ago

Its nice to know i am not alone in my sadness.

I feel like i am doing better...although some pregnancy clothes that i bought off the internet are slowly arriving...that makes me sad. I will wear them one day.

I really want to start trying again but i have another week at least to wait till even ovulate. I feel like this is the hard bit now, waiting to try again and the nerves about trying again. The wait game is crap.

I also now have to relive what happens every time someone says " oh i heard what happened" or whatever....i just don't want to talk about it.

Thanks for the support guys.

13 years ago • Post starter

k3lsta - I know how you feel. Are you going to try this month? I am going to. I ovulate next week as well. This has been a tough week and I am sure that you feel the same - you just want the world to stop for a couple days. I am sorry to hear that clothes have been arriving. That is tough. I can't imagine. You're right though - you will wear them one day. THe very slim skinny silver lining in this is that at least we know we can get pregnant and that is a good thing. I am sending a big hug from my broken heart to yours....

User Image

13 years ago

it helps to talk to others in the same situation or who have gone throught this too. I talk a lot with my friens who had a MC last year and is now 30 weeks pregnant. she had 3 healthy uneventful pregnancies and kidsa then a MC last year, she says she still checks for blood every time she pees even though she is well into the pregnancy. You will always worry, its our nature as mothers. Be strong you will get lucky eventally, there may have been soemthing wrong with the baby who knows. I know this is small consolation and won`t help dull the pain, but don`t blame yourself. good luck

User Image

13 years ago

Big hugs..went through it in december. it sucks to say the least. It does get easier, but you never forget. Give yourself time to grieve and try again when you are ready. Once piece of advice my doc gave me was to make sure you grieve...if you don't, it can lead to postpartum when you do have a baby. I don't know how true it is, but I made sure I gave myself a few months before we started trying again.

I'm just praying im pregnant before my previous due date....that will be brutal.

13 years ago

I know exactly how you feel. I think after several months of sadness, anger, and just feeling awful, however, I am ready to move forward towards something brighter and promising. You will get there someday. I still am worried as to what might happen. All I can do is hope that my doctor and my husbnad and I can do all that is possible to prevent the same thing from happening again. It's definitely about having faith and remembering to breathe! Hang in there...don't push yourself too soon. You will know deep down when you are ready to try again...

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo