Community post

Discussion

OPK confusion...please help!

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on here. I am on my second month of clomid. I started taking opks three days after completing clomid and received a positive the next day, four days after. I used three different tests as I had received a false positive the month before and the bloodwork didn't show ovulation. This month I used clear blue easy happy faces, the first response with the two lines and the wondfo brand off of amazon and all three were positive. I continued to test the past three days just to see and both the clear blue easy and wondfo brands have been continually negative after that first day. However the first response still look positive three days later. Has anyone experienced that? Could there be something wrong with those tests? Is my body having trouble ovulating? I hope not because the other two tests were negative and the wondfo line has been getting lighter and lighter. Thank you!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I have found that the surge, for me, drops off slowly so I often have a couple of days of nearly equal lines, a day of equal lines, a day where the test line is darker than the control line (positive for ovulation), then a few days of equal colored lines and then it gradually gets lighter. Sometimes I will get a few days of positive opk's. You can also check your cervical fluid and cervix opening to confirm that you are approaching ovulation. But charting your basal body temperature each morning is the easiest way to confirm that ovulation has already happened.

Also, you can have a surge and not ovulate (that has happened to me). And some tests are more sensitive than others.

But if you aren't already, check into BBT charting, it is a great way of keeping track of what is happening. Good luck!

9 years ago

Thanks wanderer! I was tracking my bbt but I was sick with a fever, over 100, the day before my positive OPK. Before that I was usually around 97.1-97.6 and the day after my positive it was 98.1 then 98.2 and today 97.9. Now I'm not sure if it was just slightly higher as the fever was wearing off or if it was from ovulation. I just hate the guessing game, great timing for the fever haha.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo