Community post

Discussion

Needing to exercise and TTC / TWW

I am 3dpo and overweight. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and currently weigh the most I have ever weighed. I know that it would be best for me to lose weight before TTC but I cant stop the urge to have a baby. I will never be the "ideal" body weight according to the body mass index because of my built.

My husband has got a membership for me to take crossfit class. I have went to a few classes but lost all motivation.

Anyone else struggling with their wait and TTC? How are you staying motivated to exercise?

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi, hubby and I are ttc for 14 months now after early miscarriage. I was 16 1/2 stone back then and like you was the heaviest I have ever been.
I started weight watchers and have lost 3 stone in the last year.
Thing is, at the higher weight I got preggers in 2 months and since losing the weight nada.
That said I know for a fact it is better to get my weight off but it's soooo hard sometimes.
Thing I love about weight watchers is that even if you don't manage to exercise the healthy eating keeps you in the right place.
You also feel better mentally knowing that you're actualy doing something positive.

Let me know how you're doing

MrsAlf Angel baby Nov 2011

11 years ago

Thanks, my biggest problem is my sweet tooth. When I do start eating right and working out; it only lasts for a few weeks and then I'm back to my old ways.

11 years ago • Post starter

It's very important to get healthy when faced with fertility issues. In order to obsess over pregnancy you must first obsess over your body. The reason why is because they are so many factors that prevent us from getting pregnant. So let's do this together!

11 years ago

Hi, I am 184 now and have to lose some also. I exercise at least 5-6 days a week. I go to the gym and swim laps for about 45 mins, and go to the gym at my job ad walk for about 30-40 and do circuit training. I only lost 6 lbs so far since New Years and on Weight Watchers. WW is your best bet to lose weight. You can eat what you want, just have to watch points/ portions. You can do it!! Maybe get a bike and go for a ride 5 nights a week for 30 minutes? Or swimming is always good too, it is a total body workout. Good luck!!! I am 9 DPO now and it is our first month TTC. :)

11 years ago

and BTW, I have a sweet tooth also!! so bad. but I started eating the weight watchers treats, they are small, but healthier. I even starting eating the Fiber One treats, like the brownies. if you like chocolate and cereal, try the special k chocolatey delight. fiber one also now has the chocolate cereal. I switched to Coke Zero so I don't drink the caffeine/ cals. instead of eating white bread / rice, eat brown. a doctor told me brown is better than white. when eating a sandwich, each 1 slice of bread, not 2.

11 years ago

if you have a sweet tooth, try eating something high in protien and low in fat like fruit in the bottom greek yogurt, or make your own dark chocolate covered pretzels, or just the dark chocolate, (keep a box of dove promises in the fridge or cupboard, and whenever you have a craving pull one out.) a really good way to get some exercise in is to walk around on the phone, or go for a walk or swim with a friend, you keep moving but because you're disracted you don't realize how much you're doing, i've spent hours at the beach with my DH and friends and completely wondered where the time went.

2013 January/February cycle 2013 February/March hopes for a soon

11 years ago

Hey girls, Thats great that you guys are moving around, thats always a good thing, but don't forget to include lifting weights. light weights , high reps(i recommend this if you are a beginner and ttc). when you build muscle you burn fat even in your sleep, so much better than just doing cardio. I agree, start weightwatchers, it does help you create healthy habits. A great way to start your journey to a healthy lifestyle. That is where i began my journey, I am now a personal trainer!

nutrition tip. buy healthy foods that you know you will like and eat, and eat the same everyday 4-5 ,small meals a day, except supper, a great time to switch it up. Doing this will make it easier to know what works for you.

You are right, it is all about portion control!

Also if you eat bad one day, don't get discouraged, just keep going...guilt is not part of the journey.

Goodluck everyone, lots of babydust coming your way!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1364619600z5z26z16.png

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo