Community post

Discussion

Ovulation date might be wrong??

So my husband and I are newly TTC. Ive always know my cycles are a bit irregular on occasion- i would have a 28day cycle for about 5 months, then suddenly it jumps up to 33days, then... well who knows, then comes back to normal for a while again.

I am a bit confused at the moment though, because my AF last came on 3rd Jan 2015 (after a 33day cycle), but when I tried to look back on my phone's calendar to compare the frequency of this, ALL of my 2014 AF dates were missing!

So now, as a newly tracking TTC-er, all i have to go on is my last cycle.... which was abnormal but not unheard of.

It's hard when all i want to do now is know my body's routine, and the 1st time I need to calculate my ovulation date, i can't pinpoint it.

I suppose I am asking for opinions... do you think i should go off a regular 28day cycle for now, until i get AF again?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I would go by the date you have which seems to be 33 days. Its better to expect it later in the month and get it early than to expect it sooner and get your hopes up for nothing.

9 years ago

For someone with a somewhat irregular cycle like you, your best bet it going to be to use ovulation predictors, cervical mucus tracking, bbt, or some combination of those three. Your ovulation day determines your cycle length, so when you have cycles of different lengths it means you're ovulating on different days (so you might ovulate on cd 14 one month and have a 28 day cycle, then ovulate on cd 18 and have a 32 day cycle). So you're not going to be able to accurately predict your ovulation date from past cycles, it will change from cycle to cycle. Opk's and cm tracking let you know when you're about to ovulate, and bbt charting confirms that ovulation has occurred - you can mix and match them to best suit your needs and preferences.

All of that assumes that you'd feel more comfortable having a way to actively track and control the process. It's equally valid to take a more laid-back approach, and if that's your preference your best bet it just to plan to have intercourse every other day from cd 10-cd 22 (that will cover your fertile window for a shorter-than-normal cycle up to your longest cycle). Good luck to you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo