Community post

Discussion

LETS HELP OTHERS BY SAYING WHAT WE KNOW TO HELP CONCIEVE

I thought it would be nice if everyone could help others by putting down things we know from research or past experience to help with TTC. Anything you know is better than nothing and who knows maybe what you say can help someone. Wouldnâ??t that be nice to help others and that good knowledge could possible help you? So here is what I came up with in the past 4 months of trying... REMEMBER ANYTHING YOU KNOW CAN HELP SOMEONE AND YOU CAN LEARN SOMETHING THAT COULD POSSIBLE HELP YOU....

FUN FACTS!!
*Iâ??ve done a lot of research and they all say it depends on the guy.( best time to have sex leading up to your O)
1. Sex wait 3 days and then every other day (24 or 48 hours depending on guy)... this gets his semen in motion (rest for 3 days help to build the sperm count so say you o on 12 4,5,6 and BD on 7,9,11,12 and 14 in case your hormones changed the date which in some studies Iâ??ve read can happen if your stressed .)
2. 3 to one which is two days then third day sex which has higher semen count(but might not have men in the oven so a little risky).
* Donâ??t stress it can hold you back.
* Find things to entertain you in the meantime.
* Starting prenatal vitamins while trying to conceive helps GREATLY.
*You have a range of days for baby-making sex because sperm can survive for five to six days in your body. (Your egg survives for only about a day.) That means if you have sex on Monday, sperm can survive in your fallopian tubes, waiting for an egg to float by, until around Thursday or maybe even as late as Sunday.
*If you're not sure when your fertile period will be, here's an easy rule of thumb: Hit the sheets every other day, or 3 times a week.
*If you're in a rush to get pregnant, you might find yourself feeling anxious about it. While that's totally normal, you actually have a better shot at conceiving if you aren't stressed out. The hypothalamus the gland in the brain that regulates the hormones of ovulation doesn't function as well when you're stressed, which means you may ovulate later than usual or not at all that cycle.
* being on birth control a long time can affect your chances of conceiving.
* People who smoke have a 60% chance of being less fertile then those who donâ??t.( donâ??t worry I too am having trouble putting down my cigarette)
* drinking at least 48oz of water a day(4 bottles of 12oz) helps when trying conceive and losing weight(as u know losing weight can help if it is needed.)
* So I just read a new study saying that women between 25-35 are not fertile between 10-17 of the month that they are around there cycle days... 70% after period day 5. Who knows I recomemd opk test every other cycle so you donâ??t spend to much money.
* I think its fun when one cycle you watch carefully and try but the next cycle donâ??t get online and just have fun donâ??t pay attention to your body or O. Have fun baby making, try new things in bed, date night the works! Even tell your mad you love him in the middle of BD. This may help to reduce the stress.
*The idea that changing to looser underwear -- boxers instead of briefs -- will boost fertility by keeping genital temperatures down is now somewhat of an old wives' tale, says Dale McClure, MD, president of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
*Experts say that more than five cups of coffee a day or the equivalent, about 500 milligrams of caffeine, are associated with lower fertility. In another recent study, the researchers who looked at body weight also looked at caffeine and tea intake. They found that drinking more than six cups a day had an adverse effect on fertility
*Avoid having sex while standing, sitting, or with you on top, as this can cause semen to leak out of your body. Instead, try the missionary position, which allows for deeper penetration. Rear entry intercourse is also effective, as it allows your partner to deposit semen closer to your cervix.

User Image

0 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo