Community post

Discussion

Progesterone Level 8

Hello everyone! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. We recently just went to the doctor to get checked out. I had my progesterone level tested on Day 21. They called me back and told me that my level was an 8. They said this is ovulatory range. I was just wondering if anyone else might know if this is low or high for trying to get pregnant? I am experiencing very tender nipples which I don't normally get before my period. I am suppose to start this Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Any information would be great! Thanks!

7 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Well, I'm not sure what the levels are suppose to be during ovulation. But I know that during early pregnancy the bare minimum is 11. I hope that helps! Good luck!

13 years ago

Yes, that helps! Thank you!

13 years ago • Post starter

Found this on babymed

Progesterone levels are low if you do not ovulate, and after ovulation (midluteal, middle of the second half of the cycle) progesterone levels in a nonpregnant patient are generally at least 8-10 ng/ml.

If you are pregnant, progesterone levels are usually at least 10-12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome and most doctors like to see progesterone levels around 16-18 ng/ml or more though there are many successful pregnancies with lower levels.

Read more at http://www.babymed.com/blog/blog.aspx%3F337?ktrack=kcplink

13 years ago

hmrs. hatfield. im kinda in the same boat.i went to a f.s yesterday and he said that my progesterone levels were a bit low which he seemed confused about as i have a regular cycle of 26 days and o bleeding on the 12th day. i have to go for another blood test on day 21 this time and also set up a hsg which is a ultrasound where they put dye into the uterus. it would make sense to me that my levels are low only because i have a light period with spotting till day 8 and i have not a whole lot of cm all month. i have been reading on the internet.i also get extremely sore breasts the week before af shows up which is another possible sign. and i have been ttcing for 17 months with a chemical in jan 2010. i hope this can be fixed easily as i am devastated right now,that if this can't be fixed i will never have a child. hope things turn out for you and me and we can finally get our

13 years ago

I am due to start my period today. I still have sore breasts, mild cramping, and some pimples. I am hoping I am preggo, but my symptoms are the same as PMS. If I start my period I have to go for an x-ray too where they shoot dye into my uterus to see if my tubes are open. I am hoping that the only thing wrong is a low progesterone level. I hear that can be fixed easily with Clomid. Good luck to you! I hope we both get BFP soon!

Keep me post aromatherapy!

Hello, Mrs. Hatfield! I just came across your post, and was wondering if you got your BFP or your AF? And did your doctor ever comment further on your levels?

I am in the same boat you were in, except my progesterone accidentally got checked on day 23, but my level was 8.8. From everything else I've read, that seems on the lowest side of normal for a non-pregnant woman, which leads me to suspect that I am not pregnant.

Like you, I have had very sore nipples from about 5 dpo and also some light spotting after intercourse on 7dpo, as well as cramping, bloating, and fatigue.

My husband and I have been married for 7 years and have been TTC for over a year now, but I was having no AF. We just finally had a breakthrough when my fertility doc diagnosed me with thin woman's PCOS, so I went on Metformin to help regulate my blood sugar and drastically changed my diet, I took Prometrium (progesterone) to kickstart my AF, then Chlomid days 3-7, had a dye test on day 8, and then an ultrasound on day 12 to check for any eggs about to be released. There were 2, which I was really encouraged about, especially since I hadn't o'd in over a year! Unfortunately my husband was out of town and we only were able to have BMS on day 15 and 16 (which doc said I still have a chance).

Anyway, today is day 26 (10 dpo), and AF is due this Monday or Tuesday, so I am just playing the waiting game, which is killing me. Praying for a BFP!

Just wondering what your results were so I could compare. God bless you in your efforts!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo