Community post

Discussion

Ovulating & Period

Hya!

Its the first time I have posted on this forum but any help and advice would be appreciated :o)

I have been trying to conceive since April this year after being on the pill for 17 years. My last real period was on the 10th September, and the following month on 8th October my period did come. I actually felt unwell, cramped and had backache at the time so I did several cheap tests and got a positive :o) I couldnt believe it.....I was actually pregnant. The following day and days after I did more tests, first response and clearblue which also confirmed I was pregnant!! I went to the doctors who did bloods and confirmed it too and refered me to my midwife. Unfortunately on the 19th October I was bad at work, the cramps where so painful I could of cried, I went the toilet and the amount of blood I lost scared me, I phoned midwife and they suggested I went straight to the hospital. I went the hospital and after many tests they confirmed I had miscarriaged. I was in so much pain physically and emotionally I couldnt believe what I was hearing. The hospital said it must have started earlier in the week as my hcg leavels where really low from what they where origionally.

The cramps and bleeding calmed down by the second night, I did another pregnancy test and ovulation test and both where negative like the doctor told me they would be. On the sunday 21st October I started having cramping which felt like ovulation, it was my left side and I always feel when I ovulate. I came home and did a clearblue and got a smiley face. I also did a cheap one and got 2 lines so I assumed I must be ovulating, could this be possible?? It would actually of been roughly my ovulation date if I had got my period in the october and not missed it so Im really confused, could I actually ovulate at my normal times so quick, 3 days after bleeding from a miscarriage???

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me and good luck to everyone who is TTC, congrats to all who have recently found out they are pregnant :o) xx

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I had a very similar situation. And I too had my period very quickly and at the normal time soon after a m/c. I wasn't far along maybe 5 weeks. So I was told it was normal.

11 years ago

Thanks for your reply hunnie, in the last post I said I did get my period 8th October, I actually missed my period on 8th October then found out I was pregnant (typing error) Im hoping I do get my periods and ovulate as normal (fingers crossed) I too would have been 5 weeks, but the ovulation test sunday threw me when it came back smiley and positive as the day before they where both negative hcg and ovulation tests, and was still bleeding from m/c.

If they have gone back to normal so quick, I would have been due to ovulate that weekend, so fingers crossed my af comes on 6th when it should and I get back to normal so quick :o)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo